HELP PLEASE sick rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awhittaker

Reaction score
I have a litter of 10 New zealand bunnies they are 10 weeks old they are all doing good until today i went out and noticed there was blood all over the snow i dont know who its coming from!! none of them have blood on the fur iam worried they are eating drinking well i have some penicillin g procaine injectable can i use that i thought maybe giving them each a shot i dont know a vet that sees rabbits were iam at if anyone could please help me thanks!!

Just keep an eye on them, possibly bring them in on a porch if they are outside

Don't give the injectable pencillin or any other antibiotic
you want to determine the source of the blood first
Don't panic

maybea nail ripped off

its so strange i went back out just a few mins ago there is blood in the cage on top of hay and also on the snow i flipped them all over and inspected one at a time NOTHING??? i would think i would see blood coming from somewhere on a all white rabbit all their feet have stains from were they hopped on the hay iam at a loss what it is i never had this happen before

My guess is that they are fighting each other. I would not just give each rabbit a shot without any idea of what's wrong. Do a very thorough check of them, making sure there are no missing teeth, no wounds anywhere (rabbits tend to bite each other behind the neck, on the face, near the genitals, and on the flanks), and their input/output systems are ok. Do they have normal feces?

We have a listing of rabbit-savvy vets all over the country here:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_forum.php?id=9

Latest posts

Back