Help please. Is my rabbit okay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holland Lops1247

Reaction score
I have two 5-week-old Holland Lops. My brother's rabbit I don't really ever bond with it. But whenever I get close to the cage he will get on his back paws and desperately try to get out and get to me. He'll try to squeeze through the bars to get to me. Whenever it happens I open up the cage and give him a petting. Is he okay? Like is there something wrong or does he just really like me? :)

My rabbit does that at breakfast time when he thinks I'm going to feed him or when he knows it's time for his bedtime treat.
My bigger concern is actually where you got 5 week old rabbits. At that age they should still be either with their mother or at the very least with their siblings.

Alright. That could be the case. A family friend had an accidental litter of three and so I got two. Angel and Smokey. (Smokey is what my brother is calling his) Angel died yesterday. I had to put her down. The lady gave me the third rabbit because I was really sad about Angel. :( But when I got the third bun, Smokey just adores Him/Her. They do EVERYTHING together. They snuggle and lick eachother. I think Smokey is really lonely. I think the new bunny will help him.

The lady, Kim, did NOT have enough space and they needed to go. I know they are young but they are quite fine. They eat by themselves and stuff. Like I said, It was an accidental litter. We felt bad and we took them in. They have a happy life here and they will be okay. They are healthy. She is a good friend of ours and we have been wanting bunnies. They are really sweet. I am aware of how young they are but I had to.

And btw, they are kept together. (They are siblings)

Do you know what was wrong with Angel? In any case, but especially if it may have been contagious, I hope you thoroughly disinfected your cage, dishes, water bottles, etc. I wouldn't want your new bun to get anything Angel may have had.

I took her to the vet and the doctor said she had a neurological problem.
I really love these babies. I was so attached to Angel. She was the Perfect Bunny. She allowed me to hold her and she sat with me when I watched tv. She was really really sweet. I loved her to death. Putting her down was so hard for me. I knew it was for the best though.
:rip:

Latest posts

Back