Help please! Can I relocate nesting bunny's nest?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeslaTheBunny

Reaction score
Help please! My bunny just started nesting however she is building her nest in a part of the room that is not easily accessible. Can I relocate her nest back to her cage?????

Thank you!!

It depends on your rabbit. She might adapt to the change just fine, or it might completely throw her off and cause her to not nurse the kits. If she spends time in her cage, then I would think it should probably be fine. Or if the kits won't be safe where the nest is currently at, I would definitely move it. It's best if they are in some sort of nest box to prevent them from wandering from the nest and getting chilled. I would keep an eye on the kits and if she hasn't fed them by 24-36 hours after birth, I would take them to mom and help them nurse. It has to be done carefully so she doesn't scratch or injure them.

https://flashsplace.webs.com/accidentallitters.htm

It depends on your rabbit. She might adapt to the change just fine, or it might completely throw her off and cause her to not nurse the kits. If she spends time in her cage, then I would think it should probably be fine. Or if the kits won't be safe where the nest is currently at, I would definitely move it. It's best if they are in some sort of nest box to prevent them from wandering from the nest and getting chilled. I would keep an eye on the kits and if she hasn't fed them by 24-36 hours after birth, I would take them to mom and help them nurse. It has to be done carefully so she doesn't scratch or injure them.

https://flashsplace.webs.com/accidentallitters.htm
The kits aren't born yet, she has just started nesting.

You can try moving it and see what she does. I would place it in a nesting box, then in her cage.

Back