Help! overly affectionate bunny :P

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenrosanna

Reaction score
Okay so this is a serious problem. I have to keep my baby bunny in my room in summer because of the Australian summer heat.
Anyway, I've been keeping her in here for a while to see how she goes and she takes every opportunity to follow me around, see what I'm doing and climb up me for cuddles. Thats not really the problem though. I've been finding that whenever I've turned the light off ready for bed and go to lie down she runs over and jumps on the bed and onto my lap to fall asleep -__- Because she is small and pathetic she gets too scared to jump off again so i have to turn the light back on again to help her down, when all i want to do it this -> :bed:
How can I stop her from jumping up?? :dunno

I agree, you wouldn't want to roll over on her in the night. If you don't like that idea, you could get a little step (box, step stool, etc) so she can jump down in two hops rather than one big one. :)

Try putting a blanket or something that smells like u in her cage and mayb that will help her sleep at night

My rabbit used to sleep with me, he isn't caged and when I would wake up in the morning he would snuggling against my legs. The warmth comforts them or something.

Benjamin is one of the needist rabbits going. He snuggles into bed everynight spooning against me and across my arm. He is a decided weight on the arm at 15 pounds so after about 3o minutes I give him a little push off. He has a foot stool beside the bed. Some nights he is needer than others and climbs back up and snuggles over the night up to 3-4 times. It certainly can disturb your sleep, but most nights he licks and grooms my arm and face for about 5 minutes and then goes to sleep. He has always done this, but he is big enough that I don't have to worry about swishing him. You could try a stuffy and blanket in her cage after the first snuggle, she relates to you as part of her herd and is probably missing her mom and siblings.

Back