HELP....new to rabbits...what's going on

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowchick

Reaction score
I have 3 does in the same cage (48x36). The oldest doe is 4 months the next two are staggard 2 weeks apart younger than the oldest. The oldest doe is starting to act like she needs to build a nest, she is gathering up hay in her mouth and fur, some of the fur she is pulling off the other 2 girls. She is also trying to "hump" either or both other girls, face or back end, it doesn't seem to matter. I have double checked and all 3 are girls. Can someone help me out here and tell me what's going on?

Thanks,

YC

Sounds like she's just being hormonal. Once she's neutered she should be right as rain! :) If she's neutered already.....I have no idea whats going on :) Rabbits do get very hormonal so u must neuter them. In girls it lessens the risk of urine infections and general sickness too!

She's not neutered and is being raised as a meat rabbit for breeding. She's just too young right now. Should I go ahead a separate her in her own cage?

Hi Yellowchick! :)

Yes, I would say giving this girl her own cage would be a wise move. :)

Latest posts

Back