Help! New rabbit owner (RIP Momo)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BB

Reaction score
So, Zoro's not drinking water, what's wrong?

Meanwhile, the other two, Butterball & Momo arekind of like in a drinking frenzy. Everytime I refill their drinking bottle,bothwill rush forwardto drink. One will be drinking while the other will be nudging and pushing so that hecan drink too. Usually Butterball wins because Momo's smaller.

But the point is, why isn't Zoro drinking any water? When I offer it to him, he'll just ignore it. Should I be worried about this?

Please help.

Thanks in advance :)

so he isn't drinking water at all? is he doing other stuff? like eating, pooping and peeing?

you have a water bottle on his cage right? i would try switching to a bowl and seeing if that helps.

if you are really worried about him not drinking anything and have tried giving him a bowl and it still didn't work, then i would maybe add just a few drops of vanilla to the water, it makes it taste yummy and they tend to gulp it down.

Hmm.. Do you give Zorro any veggies? If he eats veggies, he may get enough water from them and not need to drink. He may also drink when you're not looking. Please tell us how all of them are doing in terms of eating, pooping, and peeing. Also if you've just gotten them, it makes sense to take them to a vet to make sure you got healthy animals.

Yes, he eats veggies but he eats less that the others.
My mom had to feed it to him, it's like he's sulking. When my mom put some veggies in their cage, Butterball & Momo went straight to the food while Zoro circled the food (& the eating rabbits) and went in front of my mom. He only started to eat after my mom feed him some veggies.

Maybe he's drinking behind our backs. But then there's no way of telling. :(
Can rabbits sulk?

Thanks. :)

So, I let Momo and Butterball out (Zoro didn't want to go out) and suprise suprise he drank!

What does that mean? Is he scared of the other two or sumthing?

BB wrote:
So, Zoro's not drinking water, what's wrong?

Meanwhile, the other two, Butterball & Momo arekind of like in a drinking frenzy. Everytime I refill their drinking bottle,bothwill rush forwardto drink. One will be drinking while the other will be nudging and pushing so that hecan drink too. Usually Butterball wins because Momo's smaller.

But the point is, why isn't Zoro drinking any water? When I offer it to him, he'll just ignore it. Should I be worried about this?

Please help.

Thanks in advance :)
i offer water in a bottle and a bowl(bowl is a natural way to drink)--if concerned about one rabbit drinking too much or little water..isolate and observe/ over a 24 hr.period..try to isolate the problem/or determine if there is one,,..i have a adult female himalayan who thinks she is a camel....sincerely james waller..-don,t let them fight over the water supply-it don,t sound good:wave:

The fact that he appears to be "sulking" as well as not drinking may be cause for some concern.

As already mentioned, moisture is obtained through eating greens and veggies, so may lower the amount of water the rabbit drinks.

How do his droppings look? Normal size, moist droppings are a good indicator of a rabbit that is properly hydrated.

If he's eating normally and pooping normally, don't worry about the apparent decrease in water consumption.

Pam's right that behavioral changes with changes in water consumption could be a sign of something medical. I have also heard of bunnies that couldn't drink /out of another bunny's bowl, too, so it could be psychological.

There's something wrong with Momo, he's lying very still on his side with his head tilted back to his body. What's wrong with him?!!! Please help!!
ASAP

Did you figure out what was wrong? It may be important to make sure your others are healthy. I'm so sorry you lost him.

We have had a few members from Malaysia before, and it is hard to find good vets there. You may be able to find one by looking for members from the area and asking them who they take their bunnies to.

Back