Help needed!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEAM KART

Reaction score
Well, Seems that the two bunnies we got a few months ago are more than just two females! The youngest one (4.5 month sold) is a MALE! Neither of them have been fixed because they were given to us as a pair of mated females!

Today they were caught "in the act" and who knows how long this has been going on!

So now I have a headache..wondering what's going to happen next!

should I immediately separate them?

should I bring the female to vet for a pregnancy test?

is the 4.5 month old male old enough to reproduce?

One will be getting "fixed" as soon as a local vet is located.

Any and all help is needed!

Thanks!

Yes, it is possible that a 4.5 month old buck can sire a litter. However, does will also "ride", so you do need to get a good look and determine what sexes you actually have. It's also possible that you have 2 bucks.

A vet visit may be in order to straighten this situation out, but you'll want to keep them separate for now. If a successful mating occurred, gestation is 31 days.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Yes, it is possible that a 4.5 month old buck can sire a litter. However, does will also "ride", so you do need to get a good look and determine what sexes you actually have. It's also possible that you have 2 bucks.

A vet visit may be in order to straighten this situation out, but you'll want to keep them separate for now. If a successful mating occured, gestation is 31 days.

Pam

Thanks for the info.....I ran out this afternoon and purchased a cage for the "FEMALE". I have confirmed that the male is a male. I need to confirm the sex of the "FEMALE" but "SHE" is a tough one to get on her backside to look at "HER" bottom side!

I need to do some searching tonight to try and find "BUNNY" vet in my area.

Uh oh,the gender fairy strikes again!:shock:

I don't think there's any way to tell if a rabbit is pregnant until really near the due date, I think, if "she" is female, you'll just haven't wait and see, and I know that can be really frustrating! It is possible though that they haven't yet reached maturity.

Good luck!

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Someone experienced with palpating rabbits can determine pregnancy as early as 12 -14 days. The vet can also do a sonogram.

Pam

Latest posts

Back