Help Needed in Des Moines, IA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Seems like there arent a lot of bunny folks out in IA but just in case:

[size=[font="Times New Roman"]“The Animal Rescue League of Iowa in [/font]][/size]Des Moines is seeking help in placing 14 rabbits from two confiscation events. We have rehomed 17 but help is needed to rehome the rest.

These are rabbits originally bred for show; some have ear tattoos. They are all Netherland dwarves or lionheads. George and I vetted them this morning and they are in good health. Shelter staff have been busy socializing them. All are altered and microchipped.

There are 9 Netherland dwarf females of assorted colors (silver martin, himmie, grey, white), four soft brown lionheads of both sexes, and one big black gal (8-10#) with modest residual head-tilt; she's a mellow sweetie. Either Carol or I can supply photos if you are interested in a specific animal.

If you can assist in rehoming any of these rabbits, please contact Carol of ARL-Iowa at <[email protected]>. They are willing to help with transport.

Please circulate this email to interested rescue groups.”

Please crosspost if you know anyone who can help!

Haley wrote:
one big black gal (8-10#) with modest residual head-tilt; she's a mellow sweetie.
:tears2:

*Bump* Any updates on this situation?

I live in northeast Iowa, and I might be interested in giving one a home. Is there any update on this situation? I know it's been a while since you posted this, so I don't know if they all already have homes or not.

Hmm this was back in November and I never heard whether or not it was resolved. I cant even remember where I heard about this (sometimes I get random emails from people in rescue).

Best bet is to email Carol of ARL- Iowa. If that email isnt working, here is their website with contact info:
http://www.arl-iowa.org/Default.aspx

Let us know if you hear anything!

Latest posts

Back