Help my rabbit is shedding!!!! A lot!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikewatt1000

Reaction score
I collect a bag o fur a day is this normal he is also developing brown specs on his back and I am getting worried here's a pic of the fur I collect per dayImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1396894657.677044.jpg

he is most likely just molting. all rabbits do it once a year when spring comes.

What kind of brown specs? Some rabbits shed a lot so probably normal unless you see redness of flakes its probably normal.

Flecks of brown could be an indication of fleas. It could be flea dirt what you're seeing. Is your bunny scratching a lot or does he seem itchy?

No he is not itching he is getting darker and this photo might show you he used to be bright white ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1396967869.751457.jpg

It could just be the new fur growing in. Some bunnies change colour a little when they molt, my Merlin used be quite a dark brown/grey, but he got whiter and whiter with each molt and now he's a light grey.

Latest posts

Back