Help!! My rabbit is grunting and I dont know why

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blueicebird wrote:
I did'nt know running around you is a domance thing, does thatmean they are in charge? If so, how do I gain my alpha status back? Ithink I was told you place your chin above their head or sunthin.

(Awesome Pix JimD, btw... NOSE!!)

I read on the Language of Lagomorphs site (listed in one of thesewonderful threads!) that running circles around you generally justmeans they're happy and they like you. With male bunnies that areunneutered it can be a sign of sexual behavior. I've never heard of itbeing a dominance thing. All you need to do is run (okay well maybemeduim speed stride) circles around him after he's done to say "I likeyou too!" Always works with my bun! :D After that he just hops offabout his bunny-business! ^_^

Vetiora wrote:
Iread on the Language of Lagomorphs site (listed in one of thesewonderful threads!) that running circles around you generally justmeans they're happy and they like you. With male bunnies that areunneutered it can be a sign of sexual behavior. I've never heard of itbeing a dominance thing. All you need to do is run (okay well maybemeduim speed stride) circles around him after he's done to say "I likeyou too!" Always works with my bun! :D After that he just hops offabout his bunny-business! ^_^
HRS also indicates thatcircling is a sexual behavior... forboth male and female, neutered or not. Their way of sayingthatthey love you.

IMO... ..depending on the bunnie, it could be any one of the behaviors mentioned.

All in all it not a bad thing...unless the bun is overly aggressive.

Blueicebird wrote:
I did'nt know running around you is a domance thing, does thatmean they are in charge? If so, how do I gain my alpha status back? Ithink I was told you place your chin above their head or sunthin.

(Awesome Pix JimD, btw... NOSE!!)

LOL...ALL of my buns think they are in charge!!!

I don't think I'll ever attain the "alpha-daddie" status, but we havehad to come to some understandings when they get too aggressive.

Binkie is the worst (that's her nose in my avatar..thanks!!). We stillhave it out on a daily basis. She's such a little brat (5 month oldteenbunnie/not spayed). I have to hold her down firmly by the back ofher neck whenever I need to do something in her cage. But that's only aterritorial thingwith her cage. Once she out of her cage shebehaves a little bit better.

Well Binkie Has one of the cutest noses ^.^. Lilodosnt mind me going into his cage, I don't think he has ever beenagressive to me yet, besides biting my pants, which I tell him no. Ionly allow him to nibble me when I am grooming him, because my mum saidthat, since I am grooming him, he is grooming me.

Latest posts

Back