Help!! My rabbit is grunting and I dont know why

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A grunt or oink usually means they are upset or angry. It's sometimes accompanied by a foot thump.

I have 7 buns and most of them have done this at one time or another. It was mostly when they were "teen bunnies".

How old is your bunnie??

My bun growls when you pick her up because shejust doesnt like it. I think it;s a fear sound. Maybe if your bunny haspreviously been able to be handled withoutdoing this, could she be soreat all?

ND

My rabbit does this when she is angry or if sheis pragnant and wants to be left alone, and my Female Holland Lopstarted Grunting when she turned about 6 to 9 months old. Those darnteens,lol

Umm, their about 3 months old, this is my roomiesfemale, I have a male, but we keep them seprate, Its like, i dunno...Grunting, it's when we pet her or pick her up.

hey, no worries here, it just means that there alittle uncomforatable, it kinda of means ur making me angry andannoyed, so when he does, just kind of put ur hand out, let him sniffit, and then pet him, and he should calm down, mine grunts and it getsannoying, cuz mine tells me that i he doesn't like being picked up now,so when i try to and he grunts i stop, so it means to just stop, mineused to let me pick him up, but now he doesn't, and if yours is alittle, like, frisky, and freaks out when u put ur hand in the cage,and he may be a little bit territorial, its because hes not neutered(if hes not already), they will be more calm when they are neutered, iam not neutering mine, because im eventually going to breed him

Ahh, ok.. then we will just let her wander for awhile... never been testy before, how much does nutering usualy cost? Iwana nuter my boy so we can let them play together

ok, i dont know who much neutering costs, but youshould really wait until they are four months old, thenvetswill let you neuter them, but im not too sure how much it it costs, butits worth it if u dont want ur rabbit having bunnies and if u want themto paly together

P.S.- if you also have two male bunnies, and you want them to playtogether, there they might not get along, thats just how male bunniesare, but you can give it a try, they might get along, but im asuming uhave a boy and a girl, so u might want to get the boy neutered at 4months old, so ur rabbits dont have babies, plus ur rabbit might stopgrunting, and he will be less trritorial and more calm

Midnight01 wrote:
i dont know who much neutering costs, but you should reallywait until they are four months old, thenvets will let youneuter them
Check around, the prices may vary.

In Edmonton:

neuterCan $111.00

spayCan $ 170.00

Rainbows! :)

P.S. Welcome to the forum Blueicebird!

Hehe, I forgot about the bunny grunt ( the piggynoises). Rabbits make alot of different noises dont they? Ithink most people dont even know they can talk unless they have actualyhad a bunny. Mine dont grunt but Ive heard it before with a bunny Ilooked after, I think it meansuncomfortable, madorfrustrated.

Blueicebird wrote:
lol!! That is one **** cute bunnie!!! I will have to take asnap of Lilo and Stitch (Our two bunnies)
d*mn :shock:Please don't use that kind of language.We have young children that read these posts and we wouldn't them tosee that kind of word.:( It's not nice. Thank you.:D:dude::D

What kind of rabbits do you have? I can't wait to see picturesof them. I love the names lol. Is Stitch the grunter:plol.I'm sure given a bit of time the grunting will ease up.

Tina

Sorry=X

They are a mutt breed, My mom thinks they are part wild because of their fuzzy feet.

But Lilo is mine and he is light tan with a while underbelly, andStitch is the grunter, she is like a calico, bunch ofspotches over her light cream fur... so cute.

I will take pix today and show ya!

JimD wrote:
Agrunt or oink usually means they are upset or angry. It's sometimesaccompanied by a foot thump.

I have 7 buns and most of them have done this at one time or another. It was mostly when they were "teen bunnies".

How old is your bunnie??
Really?

Because Mushrooms grunts a lot and its generally when he's running incircles around my feet and doing binkies on the pink rug in the livingroom! To me it means "come and play" because when he's angry, Mushroomskicks the inside of his hutch.

Sophie wrote:
JimD wrote:
A grunt or oinkusually means they are upset or angry. It's sometimes accompanied by afoot thump.

How old is your bunnie??
Really?

Because Mushrooms grunts a lot and its generally when he's running incircles around my feet and doing binkies on the pink rug in the livingroom! To me it means "come and play" because when he's angry, Mushroomskicks the inside of his hutch.
Benji was the only one of our 7 buns that would oink/grunt when he wasplaying. In that respect it's more of a domanance thing.....just likecircling your feet is a type of domanance/alpha behavior.

I did'nt know running around you is a domancething, does that mean they are in charge? If so, how do I gain my alphastatus back? I think I was told you place your chin above their head orsunthin.

(Awesome Pix JimD, btw... NOSE!!)

Latest posts

Back