Help! My bunny pees averywhere in the cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticcrystal

Reaction score
Hello. I've been trying to litter train Footfoot for 3 weeks now. I put a corner litter box with carefresh bedding in it. I removed the grate from the litter box as he doesn't like to use it with it. He goes in the litter box usually. I noticed that if I wash the litter box, he gets confused and poo outside of it in the cage. So, I scooped it up and put it back in the box. He eventually uses the box again. About 2 days ago, I noticed that he's not only pooing occasionally outside the box, but is now pooing and peeing everywhere in the cage. He also goes in the box. Fortunately, he doesn't pee in my living room when I let him out to play. I have him scheduled to be fixed next Thursday. Pls help...

Sounds to me like he's started territorial marking. About the only thing that fixes that is neutering.

If he seems to forget what his litter box is used for after you clean it, don't clean it so well. Leave a bit of soiled litter in it so he knows what it's for.

His litter habits should improve once he's been neutered and the hormones settle down.

Hope that helps!

Rue

:yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back