HELP My bunnies had babbies and died!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erika Torres

Reaction score
My rabbit had babies while I was out to the store and when I came out babies where thrown everywhere’s ( even on the ground). There was blood everywhere on its cage and the mama rabbit was full of blood. She was dead and was in a small corner. I picked her up and saw more babies coming out. I looked closely and realize all her insides where out. She had 6 babies and all died but one single baby. Does anyone know why this happened?

If the mother had wounds or was mutilated, then it sounds like you have a predator that got to her. Presuming she's outdoors, this could be a weasel, rat, etc. Anything that is small enough to squeeze through the bars of a cage. Which means you will need to change where you keep your rabbits to somewhere safe(if you have more rabbits), make the cages predator proof, or catch the offending predator.

I'm very sorry for your loss and hope the remaining baby is ok.

I don't know but I'm really sorry for your lost. I hope the last bunny is good. Try checking with a vet to make sure. I know it can be difficult over the weekend

keep the baby in a warm nest box, check it often get some cat milk replacement and bottle feed it that (i am giving you this advice from what i have seen on other threads)

If the baby is still alive, place them in the nest and bring it inside, of not already. Try calling your vet for more information on how to care for the baby. Also check out this thread https://rabbit.org/caring-for-orphans/ I am very sorry for your loss, for that must be so heart breaking.

Latest posts

Back