Help mother rabbit :/

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:))

Reaction score
My rabbit has a litter of kits and it’s in the safe part of the hutch..located where she goes to the restroom when I try to clean the poop in the area she goes absolutely insane lunging scratching and biting..I tried to cover the hole to the entrance for a second while she was eating and she burst through the hole even while it was being covered by plastic.i can’t clean her cage and it’s very unsanitary I really don’t want her health to be in danger because of her instincts with the kits. What do I do ?

Put a piece of plastic or wood in front of the hole just long enough to clean. We had a couple of doe’s who were very protective of their newborns, but got better as they got older. Some were fine. She may get better in time

Put a piece of plastic or wood in front of the hole just long enough to clean. We had a couple of doe’s who were very protective of their newborns, but got better as they got older. Some were fine. She may get better in time
Thanks

Back