HELP Mickey ate part of my sandles!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry nobody responded to this earlier.

What were the sandals made from? How much did he eat? They actually have pretty strong digestive tracts for all their problems. They do eat wood and wood products. All my bunnies eat drywall. :X Dill ate chunks out of all my shoes when I had him locked in the front hall (that'll teach me), no ill effects.

Not sure what his diet it, but make sure he's getting a LOT of hay and water, veggies are good too if he normally gets them, but cut back on pellets to make sure he eats lots of hay. You may want to put a separate dish with diluted apple juice or something enticing so he'll drink more.

Watch for any change in his poops. If they start getting smaller, he could have a blockage, get him into a vet for an xray and treatment asap. If his appetite drops off, it will be urgent.

But he'll probably be fine. :) (Can't say the same for your sandals). ;)

sas :bunnydance:

hey thanks pip.. they were made from foam rubber.. and took a several bites from it.. his pop was already a little small cause i had moved him to a new place recently so i think he was a little stressed... okay i will dilute some apple juice and give it to him so he is eating and drinking lots and force feed him hay... if that will get him to drink and eat hay then I will have to.. I will aslo give him more greens and what not... as well as do you know what is really high in fiber veggies wise??

Thanks again for answering hopefully he will be okay..

I had a post...thought I sent it....sorry. But my ideas are the same that Pipp posted.We have had that to happen here and we were very concerned but we just kept a close watch and made sure they were eating. With the transit time in the GI, the cause for concern will be over in a few hours.

Randy

well it is has been 8 hours and they are eating still .. and having apples and eating their veggies so i know they are still fine and his poop hasn't changed in a while and it still active going to try to force feed some hay and hopefully will be fine... he seems fine cause he is still eating fine

I force fed him some hay and he seems to like it but will stop after a little while so at least i know he is eating and is hungry he had some of his pellets today so i am hoping it will pass...

Thanks
Maddie

Latest posts

Back