Help me with name ideas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canela_2004

Reaction score
We are picking up a new baby boy Californian in less than two weeks. We are trying to think of good names that will fit him and be interesting. We don't want to just name him "Fluffy". Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

You might want to spend about a week getting to know his personality before you settle on a name. He might show some special personality trait that lends itself to a name.

What about naming them after a favorite character from a book/story/movie. I love people names for pets. "Fluffy" has zero personality in it!

You might want to spend about a week getting to know his personality before you settle on a name. He might show some special personality trait that lends itself to a name.

I really like to have names picked out or at least a narrow list to choose from. I don't like having nameless animals, no matter how brief the time will be.

All of my animals are named after foods or different animals lol pickles-rabbit meatball-pitbull mix and pig(rip) terrior mix

I'm all for "people" names. My family's cockatiels have always been named Freddy. We have had Freddy the third for over a year and a half now.
My bunnies came with names the shelter gave them. They are perfect names for them - Groucho and Bugsy. Our cat came with her name too - Chachi.
I agree that making them after characters is a good idea. Think about different characters in your favorite books or movies. When you get your new baby, see which character fits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

I personally think that bunny's find their own name. :) I got my little boy 2 days ago, and was set on naming him 'Paisley' because I think it is the sweetest name. But as soon as he arrived, he had 'Oscar' written on a letter that came with him, and there was no way I could change it! He suits Oscar perfectly, and I couldn't name him anything else. Even if you have a few name ideas in mind, I bet as soon as you meet your bun or get to know his personality, he will practically name himself! :) Good luck with your new addition! :)

I read "Not without my daughter" when I was a kid, and in that book, the little girl had a little stuffed bunny named Toby. And when Toby was lost the little girl was devastated. I have always wanted to have a bunny named Toby...and guess what? I do :)

I also really loved the name Ernie, it's dorky and cute, and it was for a boy bun, until we went to get him fixed...she made it through a successful spay instead lol, and the act she had a boy name made her name that much better.

Good luck in your search for the perfect name. Maybe when you get your bun you could post a picture and then maybe we can chime in with some suggestions??

I have my new baby. His name is Smudge. We had settled on a few names that we liked: Oreo, Smudge, and Charlie. He was definitely a Smudge. The second I chose him, his name jumped out at us. :)

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1380430371.470022.jpg

Smudge suits him perfectly! What a cutie. I like the name Charlie too! Maybe I'll have to keep that one in mind for my next bunny. Congrats! :)

What a cute little face, he´s lovely and Smudge really does suit him. Hope we see lots more of this adorable little boy.

Latest posts

Back