Help me make my bunny comfortable in the cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticcrystal

Reaction score
Hello. My bunny likes hanging out in her litter box. I change her litter box 2x a day, but I still find it yucky that she stays there most of the time. I tried putting carefresh bedding in the whole cage, but this confused her. She used the whole cage as her whole bathroom. Next, I got her a hay mat. She started pooing and peeing in there too. So, I got her a critter bed, but she never used it. So, now she hangs out either in the corner litter box or just on the cage floor. Any suggestions on how to make her comfortable?

Also, I got her chew toys and a big log thingie for hiding or chewing. She is not interested whatsoever. My other male bunny is constantly chewing on stuff. I'm worried that she's going to have teeth problems because she doesn't file it on anything.

Some bunnies just like to sleep in their litter boxes. Not much you can do about it. ;)

You could try putting down a fleece blanket, but I suspect she'll get confused again and start peeing on it. Or she may just dig it up and lay on the plastic floor. Bunnies seem to like cold, hard surfaces. Dunno why. :p

Chew toys are great for wearing down a rabbit's front teeth, but they need hay to wear down the molars (and those are the teeth that tend to cause the most trouble). Make sure she's got access to hay pretty much 24/7.

Hope that helps!

Rue

Latest posts

Back