HELP! Massive shed!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandeville

Reaction score
My 8-month Holland Lop is shedding crazily for a week. Her hair comes off when you pet her, touch her. I am soooo worried! Do I take her to the vet? She eats drinks as normal.

So far no problem, but you must remove the loose stuff as often as you can, so it doesn't get eaten when grooming & cause a blockage. Feeding dried papaya or papaya tablets helps break up hairs that you miss, but isn't a substitute for removing as much as you can as often as you can.

agree with the above. You might have to groom her outside as brushing a moulting bunny can cover everything! I used a horse grooming block like this to get dead hair out and i love it!!

p-78768-61916-horse-supplies.jpg

I agree-she's just moulting, this is perfectly normal and healthy for her. I like using a small furminator on my buns.

dont be concerned if you pick out massive clumps as well. Both boys are molting very heavily and even have a few bald looking spots. They also tend to look lighter and darker in some areas and you can see a definitive line where old and new hair is starting. crazy rabbits

Back