HELP! Lost Buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to sound weird... lol... but what I would do is like what they do for missing people. Map out your area on paper.....search small section thoroughly then move to next section. They are prob under something...look for poop if u can even see it..but like dig your fingers around for any poopies....fur... use a flashlight and bring bananas! Has any of thier food in the hutch been touched? Did u catch anythin on the cameras yet? I wish I lived near u U would come help you. I would take anyones offer to help too, esp over the weekend see if u can get a bunch of friends to help ♥ Dont give up!! My heart feels for you, I would be completely devastated :( Hugssss ♥
I searched most of the areas I could get to. The woods is just so thick, lots of vines and shrubs makes it impossible to get through. I got some of my friends and family to come look with me this weekend. So, cross your fingers and hope for the best! No pictures on the trail camera. Their food and water has not been touched either. :(

TODAYS UPDATE: I just wanted to thank everyone on the forum for their kind words, offers to help, and suggestions. you all have made this hard time for me a little easier, and I thank you for that. Still no sign of the buns. I plan to keep looking for a while yet, maybe a couple weeks. After that I feel that I can assume the worst even though it kills me to think about it. Anything any of you can offer would be great. I’m still trying to come up with a more effective way to catch them In the live trap(if feel like it’s the best option). What foods to use? I’ve read to make a trail of food leading into the trap? And to spray apple cider on the outside? Anyone ever catch their loose bun with a trap?

sorry I have no experience with a live trap. But I would probably consider it only if I had some sightings of my rabbits and knew where apprx they are.
Unlike a lot of lost pets, lost rabbits have food readily available for them - fresh grass. They are not starving in the wild like dogs. Your buns are familiar with fresh grass, right? (that's a plus!)
If I was a lost rabbit, I would be super cautious to go to strange looking places like a live trap. I think it has more chances to attract other animals (and this is what already happened) than your buns. But this is just my thoughts. I may be wrong
What's the deal with apple cider vinegar?
Good luck anyway !

sorry I have no experience with a live trap. But I would probably consider it only if I had some sightings of my rabbits and knew where apprx they are.
Unlike a lot of lost pets, lost rabbits have food readily available for them - fresh grass. They are not starving in the wild like dogs. Your buns are familiar with fresh grass, right? (that's a plus!)
If I was a lost rabbit, I would be super cautious to go to strange looking places like a live trap. I think it has more chances to attract other animals (and this is what already happened) than your buns. But this is just my thoughts. I may be wrong
What's the deal with apple cider vinegar?
Good luck anyway !
I’ve read that apple cider attracts rabbits! I’m not sure if it true, I’m just getting desperate at this point. They are familiar with fresh grass, so I’m hoping they will come out in the open one of these days and hopefully see them!

Latest posts

Back