Help is this surposed to be happing!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iluvbunnys

Reaction score
Hi everyone

its been 3 to 4 weeks we have been having asher at our place and yoshi and her have been go great until now

Yoshi has been pulling out her hair and they have some little cuts on each over my mum and i have been stressing so much we really dont know how it has been happing they have had the past days running around the garden about 8 hours a day now i have another question is this playing or not they have been doing this all day they run in a circle jump over each aver there tails are up fling in the air chase each over we are really wrorried and unsure i really hope you can help

thanks

They're both fixed correct?

I would just move back a step in the bonding. Use some stressing techniques (car ride, sitting on a washing machine) and then do some bonding sessions in the bathtub.

From you post it sounds like they haven't been living together, just having playtime - is this correct? Bunnies aren't fully bonded until they are living together 24/7, so it's not surprising that they had some tiff. Just go back to a more neutral space and calm them down, then reintroduce them to the pen.

Also, if they are acting so well in a pen for 8 hours every day, I would think about moving them in together permanently so they'll be bonded.

Iluvbunnys wrote:
Yoshi has been pulling out her hair and they have some little cuts on each over my mum and i have been stressing so much we really dont know how it has been happing they have had the past days running around the garden about 8 hours a day now i have another question is this playing or not they have been doing this all day they run in a circle jump over each aver there tails are up fling in the air chase each over we are really wrorried and unsure i really hope you can help

Well tail up and the circling and jumping is aggression. Anything change in their environment? Does one bunny think he/she 'owns' and area? Is one bunny refusing to groom the other?

Running around the garden shouldn't be too bad, as long as they can get away from each other, but I wouldn't put them in close quarters.

For the little bonding nicks and pulls, I keep a bottle of Betadine handy. I do a careful once-over (keeping in mind the cuts are easier to see/feel the day after when they scab over) and dab the Betadine on them to make they don't get infected.

sas :goodluck:

Latest posts

Back