Help! Immediately!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orions_girl16

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
My friend just got a dutch bunny at a pet store and she just came to mewith a bunny question apparently his poop is starting to come out inbig clumps and its wet usually its in small balls and its hard..Cananybody help? I think he might be ok but I wanted to check and makesure before I give her a correct answer!! Please can anybodyhelp?Thanks!!

It might be diarrhiah (cant spell) maybe thedutch bunny is used to the pet stores food and not used to your friendsnew food, maybe in a few days it will adjust to it.

Or it couldbe the redigestablepoops they have to eat twice inorder to get the nutients they need , Keeping aclose eye on the matter will tellyou exactlly which it is , ifit turns runny andwattery add oats andhay no pellets till it drys upagain , then resume pellets a little at atime .

Orions_girl16 wrote:
Thanks yall!
What oats? like what kind of brand and where do you think she could find some incase that happens?
Im not 100% sure, but I beilive any brand is fine and try wall-mart ? Kroger stuff like that.. not sure

rolled oats likeyou would use to make oatmealwith , it worksfine, any brand will do .

Bunnies have two different types of poop.

Like Gypsy said, it could it be cecotrophes,the poop that they re-ingest to be digested a secondtime. They are clumped together in clusters, soft and quitesmelly.

Rainbows! :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Bunnies have two different types of poop.

Like Gypsy said, it could it be cecotrophes,the poop that they re-ingest to be digested a secondtime. They are clumped together in clusters, soft and quitesmelly.

Rainbows! :)
I am glad this came up because my little one Copper, had thesepoops and I was worried and was just going to watch it and make sure itdoesn't change or get worse. Though, my bratty buns of course poop inmy room so no I have to AGAIN vaccum my room!

Latest posts

Back