help!! i think my rabbit's mad :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bummietime

Reaction score
i just adopted 2 bunnies..they're supposed to beabout 2 months old..one male one female. The male (oreo) wasbeing really affectionate a few hrs ago...licking my hand, etc.... Iwent away for a while then I kept hearing thumping downstairs! Helooked really angry...and wouldnt' stop thumping... so I made themistake of sticking my hand in the cage! He charged at me and bit myfinger! :( Eventually I took him out of the cage (because hestarted humping the other one and when she moved he sorta bither). He's in his playpen right now and is still humping....Idon't know what to do :(

If you have a male and a female together andthey've been humping, you could well be expecting babies. It's notunheard of for them to get pregnant at that age. They shouldn't beneutered at such a young age, although I've heard some pet stores dothat over there.:?Are they fixed?

I'm not sure why he's thumping, maybe something spooked him. Were thereany loud noises? Have you got any other pets that could have frightenedhim?

All you can do is keep them apart, i thinkrabbits get pregant easily so you might have to keep them apart untilyou can get one of them fixed.

thanks for the suggestions!!! im taking them toget fixed next weekend....hopefully it will get better. :) Idon't have any other animals or things that might have spooked him...soI'm assuming that he's just angry? I separated them lastnight... I'll see how it goes :( They got along soooo welltill now though!!

Rabbits can sometimes get spooked for no reason. How is he this morning?

Definitely separate them so you don't end up with babies. Dwarfs canbreed quite early, so it's best to separate him. Even after his neuter,you need to wait at least a month because he can still impregnate thefemale up to a month after his neuter. So best to just keep bothcompletely separated until a month or so after hisneuter.

Just out of curiosity, what vet is going to do the neuter?

he seemed better this morning... but when i puthim back into his cage so I could take her out to the playpen to gether exercise... she sorta growled as soon as he got in there..and wheni went to pick her up he bit me!! Maybe he's possessive overher? I haven't decided where to take them for theprocedure...any suggestions? If you know one that's good and'affordable' please let me know :) Thanks for the help!!!

Do you have a spare cage you could put him in to keep him completely separate? Its really important that they are not together.

I am going to get the girls spayed very soon and I am going to Dr.UpJohn in Cocquitlam. Its a bit expensive because they use lasers, buthe is an amazing vet from what I have heard.

we have another cage but it's quite small.....soi'm keeping one in the bigger cage and the other in the exercise pen(there's a cardboard box where she likes to sleep in). Do youknow around how much it will be? I've heard great things about himalso. Petcetera told me that the spca in maple ridge might doit by donation. I might check that out too...as money'spretty tight right now :(

Latest posts

Back