help i need to know what is wrong with my bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ani-lover

Reaction score
my rabbits eyes leak/tear and then the whole eyearea becomes wet. i try to clean the area with water and some cottonballs but dont know what to do. this happens a few days every couple ofweeks.

Considering that she had a stuffy nose not toolong ago, I wouldn't be surprised if she has an upper respiratoryinfection. It might be allergies to dust (noticed any dustyhay or pellets at the same time?), but it would be best if you took herto a vet.

Is it one eye or two?A tooth problemor an abscess may also cause that, although it would probably be moreconsistant if that was the case. Unless you're sureit's only happening when you're getting to the dusty parts of the hayor pellets, it's a vet question.

And you shouldn't usetap water, use a sterile saline eye washsolution instead, like a contact lens solution for use in theeye. Or you can usegreen tea-- make thetea, let it cool right down and use some of that, and put the rest inthe fridge for the next time. (It has to remain bacteria freeso it must be refridgerated).

Good luck with the bunny, let us know how it goes.

sas et al

both eyes are like that i have another post about an abcess do you think this caused the eye problem

Not if it's on his leg. I'm hoping thevet appointment is very soon? Like Monday?Otherwise you should definately call the vet and get the bun inASAP. There's too many health problems going on here.

Back