HELP!! I don't know what to do!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voldii

Reaction score
I have just come back from holiday today and this afternoon got a call from my gran to say my other gran (who was looking after him) saw ztraw wrapped round his leg. my cousin untangled it but she wanted my other gran to check on him once she'd left.

I came back and rushed out to him. I thought he'd just have poo stuck to his leg so the straw had stuck.

But no. he can't move his leg. I'll ring the vets the fist second they open and rush him in, they are closed for the night now.

He is 7 and a netherland dwarf. He is in perfect health but has a catyrax in both eyes so his vision in very poor. What do I do? He is happy to hop round on 3 legs, but one of the back legs is lifted above tje ground and I am almost 100% sure he cant move it. will the vets put him to sleep? He isn't relaxed at all and I cant settle him. I want to help but how can I do so?

If it's lifted, I wouldn't think it would be broken (Although I could be wrong?)

Was whatever was wrapped around his leg really tight? Could it have cut off the circulation to his leg?

I thought that, but he keeps getting unblanced and he tries so hard to put his leg down but he justs ends up falling over. Yes it was quite tight I believe. My cousin unwrapped him around 6-8 hours ago. Could it be that he still doesn't have good circulation? Thanks for your reply.

Place him in a cage so that you can keep him as quiet as possible and off the bad leg until you get to the vet and find out what is going on..don't allow him free roam now

Did his leg swell up at all?

When Peace's bandage got too tight (You can see it on my previous threads) his foot swelled to about three times it's normal size and he would not walk on it at all for about a day afterwards.

To me, it sounds like a severe case of blocking off the circulation. It definitely sounds like a vet is in order.

When I saw him this morning he was dragging his leg along the ground but the vets said she didn't think there is any damage done. Also he has now got rid of his mites after months of suffering from them. I still need to watch his leg and I hope he is using it again soon! :D

I'm so relieved, but yet suspicious of how the straw got wrapped round his leg so tightly. Apparently is was wound round lots of times stretching all up his leg and looked as though it had been tied around. How did that happen? I just hope it never happens again!! :D

Is he outside where someone could get to him? If so, I would suggest a lock on the cage.

Did your vet give you metacam to help with pain and swelling?

Glad you are seeing progress in a positive direction.

Good idea, I'll buy a lock. If it was a person that did this, I know exactly who did it. Time to invest in some cameras I think. :)

No he didn't get medication. He can almost walk on it now, but he is not himself he is all scared and he wont stop shaking. Something has upset him. I've never seen him like this. I don't think this is to do with his leg, he keeps hiding because he is scared. But hiding from what I don't know. :(

:banghead Sometimes I really get upset at what we have to go thru to protect our loved ones from stupid people. Sounds much better than what I am truly thinking.

Yep I totally agree. It's such a cowardly act to harm a pet in order to try and win an argument or get revenge, and also so wrong. :X

Oh wow, i would hate to think that someone actually did that to the poor thing. I just can't imagine anyone being so cruel and heartless... i mean i know they exist but still, i just can't imagine it. :feelbetter::hug1

Latest posts

Back