HELP!!!!!!!!!!! he was "at it" .....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is very young, too young to have babies, she also might not be sexually mature so she mightnot be able to get pregnant yet. She won't grieve if she's spayed, she won't even realise she was pregnant. It's better to get her spayed if you can't afford two more hutches, because you doneed two more and also if you can't afford emergency bills if the babies get stuck on the way out, which they could, since momma is so young. Isn't it better to let the kits go peacefully then momma dying painfully? There's a good chance she's not pregnant though, since she's very young.

irishlops wrote:
Luv-bunniz wrote:
irishlops - you need to setup a different hutch for the male. You CANNOT keep them there when you know full well that the can get to each other. I would say get her into the vet for an emergency spay, but I guess thats my opinion. But like I said you cant keep putting them back in that hutch like that.

i dont agree with that oppinion.....

it means killing, any defencless, inocent bunnys. and the mother will grieve. its like an abortion. bbut ok ok, idont know any thing about breeders.....

i hve put the male at the botom of the hutch, the female at the top.a nd a bored of wood blocking them......

should i get a hutch cheaply for the male???
She wont grieve, or miss, what she hasnt got/had. If they have moved the wood/bricks before, they WILL do it again.

irishlops wrote:
Luv-bunniz wrote:
irishlops - you need to setup a different hutch for the male. You CANNOT keep them there when you know full well that the can get to each other. I would say get her into the vet for an emergency spay, but I guess thats my opinion. But like I said you cant keep putting them back in that hutch like that.

i dont agree with that oppinion.....

it means killing, any defencless, inocent bunnys. and the mother will grieve. its like an abortion. bbut ok ok, idont know any thing about breeders.....
They are not bunnies yet, they are not born. The mother won't greive,

If yuo want to do whats best for your bunnies spay her instead of making her go through pain....

Best is wait what the breeder says. Maybe he is happy to take the doe back and then she may be in safe hands. And if he pays out some money for the babies you can use that to spay her

Unless you can afford emergency bills, which it doesn't sound like you can.

Four months is very young for a spay especially if it's a false alarm. If you are planning to keep them as pet bunnies I agree though that at least the buck should be neutered. Has the breeder been back in touch with you?

I agree with everyone else.

she is very young, she may not be pregnant but she probably is. My rabbit Diva was sexually mature at 5 months and I took her to a 4H showmanship show and she broke her cage and snuck into a male's cage. Lucky for me, he was neutered, but it was a close call. Rabbits will do ANYTHING to get to each other if they want to mate. I've seen rabbits move objects that I can't move to get to each other. I think yes, you should buy another hutch.

Also, im just curious, if they came from the same breeder, there seems like there's a good chance they're related..possibly even littermates? This is called inbreeding and can lead to deformities in the offspring as well as unhealthy genetics.

I personally would reccomend an e-spay, but hey, if the breeder will take her from you and maybe pay for the babies then that could be good. I would personally reccomend getting the female spayed or getting the male neutered. BUT, if the male is neutered, he can still get her pregnant for about a month after the surgery.

Good luck!

From what I've read, you really need to get another hutch for either the female or the male.
Can you take a picture of it for us, so we can see how it is, and where the rabbits are? Are they next to eachother? Bricks are not strong enough against rabbits. ;) Obviously that hutch isn't very rabbit safe if the boards are giving way in the night! That's pretty dangerous.

4 months is really young. :?

Spaying her isn't going to make her grieve. She won't even know she's pregnant until farther along in her pregnancy, and if you spayed her now, then she wouldn't know ;)

Emily

thanks every one!

i read through the posts (im acutally banned fromlaptop but mum is out for an hour...) i cant get a picture of the hutch itself... but this is one ,, REALLY similir to it.

http://www.petsathome.com/products/6C03-Hutches/pid-22462

the vet said no to the male. i rang him up about 4 weeks ago, before all this started. he said wait till he is 6 months aka feburary...

the rabbits are brother and sister. my dad was silly, he said they would not, because they are sister and brother!:grumpy:silly dad.... i even guessed that!

i asked my mum about ringging the breeder, she said no. she said it was my falt! and that if she dies its my falt! i know there is good chnce she or the babies my pass away....

the picture above shows the close enough hutch. the male is at the bottom, with a bit of wood for a "bedroom wall"

the female is above.

Ps evey 1! listen up! i am going to mke topic in here soon... it is called "i need info, possiale mum bunny..."

i would like ALL of u, to stay on topic (you may of read posts above) and write about the huchs need 2, and also how to keep the babies warm ect ect...

i did show my mum the libary bits about this... but she did not listen..

so every 1 PLEASE PLEASE PLASE post all u can........... my mum will listen, and say about her being looked over by the breeder...... i am also pretending that is pregos....so it will not be a surprize litter...........................:D

Thanks for all your post so far. it has helpped me gain info..

( i will be awa from home, visitin in a town abot 3 hours away... so may not be on...

ps. i am still banned from lap top so it will be on nd off at different thimes thanks):biggrin2:

ps. thay will be 5months in the new year 2009.

there birth date is 1st of agust 2008....

aand i have started to save up for the neter.

and i will think about, really well about e. spay.

(but she may not be even pregos...)

I have a hutch just like that but with two girls in it. Good to know that the middle part may not be strong enough in case i have to seperate them.
Have you had a look at ads for second hand hutches? if I were you I'd ring the breeder myself, nothing to loose

Well its no wonder they are getting together! You should not put a male and female in a cage like that. Unless there is a board nailed so they can't get to each other.

You need another cage!!!! Those babies may be purebred but they will be inbred which really isn't good, major deformities can happen. Maybe you can some how put one of the rabbits in another room?

:yeahthat:

XD

Hmmm...ok, yes that hutch is def. not good enough to keep a male away from a female...

I think before you start pregnant preparing for anything, you should move him like...NOW....

Im sorry your mother says that, but you should explain to her that its technically her fault since she is the adult in the situation and she is the one who got you the rabbits, hopefully knowing they were male and female. Tell her you really need her support, emotionally and financially, to get through this.

I hate to sound mean, but animals are animals. To rabbits, they dont see a problem mating with a sibling like we do. They're rabbits and all they know is that they should reproduce...with whom they should do it does not play a significant role to them...

Breeders can help you on the getting ready for her pregnancy thing, as I've never had a litter yet so I cannot speak about that. XD

thanks,

i know about the brother not thinking like us, hes like thinging, Target in sight!LOL

my dad said that, he must not of wanted to go in to the topic, so he said that, but by the look on my face (im not stupid):pi left it at that.

my mum seems to think that the hutch is ok for her! she needs a nest ox, a whole hutch! and also room for the weaned babies and the male!

irishlops wrote:
my mum seems to think that the hutch is ok for her! she needs a nest ox, a whole hutch! and also room for the weaned babies and the male!
tell your mum that it isn't! have her get on here so she can see what we are saying!

You need to buy another cage, for the male, and then at least two cages for the babies, don't buy the ones for babies yet though just incase she isn't preggers.

Also if she does have babies you need to make sure the babies stay on one level of that hutch only, if they get on the top they can fall down to the bottom and get seriously hurt.

irishlops wrote:
i read through the posts (im acutally banned fromlaptop but mum is out for an hour...)
ps. i am still banned from lap top so it will be on nd off at different thimes thanks):biggrin2:

irishlops, I am so glad that you are interested in doing the very best things for your rabbits. However, if your parent has banned you from the laptop, then you should not be on. If you want your parents to listen to you when you have something really important to tell them, then you need to show them that you are responsible by following the rules they have set for you. I am disappointed that you are deciding to go against what your mother has told you.

I hope your heart surgery goes well, and that the ban will be lifted soon for your computer. Until then, be well and enjoy your holiday season.

Minda

irishlops wrote:

Definitley not :(

Sounds to me your mum wouldn't even consider a hutch for the babies? The hutch you have is meant for one rabbit, let alone two, and definitley not for a mother, her babies and the father :nope:

Please, have your mum read this thread when she can ;)

Emily

Well deffinently seperate the two. I know in the USA, New York we have craigslist.com adn wantaddigest.com, i don't know about the UK or Ireland. I would just wait it out. I had a pair of my hollands, I had intended on breeding them later, I thought they weren't of age yet but I was wrong. I'm fairly good at palpating them, I learned from a more experienced breeder. I have linebred myself for genetic traits. The other breeder i learned from has inbred and linebred, depending on the situation. SO i wouldn't worry too much about the inbreeding brother/sister. I personally know one of the offspring of a brother/sister inbreeding that she had and he's an awesome shower/breeder and one of her most loveable rabbits. Just keep her relaxed and yourself.

Latest posts

Back