Help! Harvey's Acting Like He's In Pain...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the simethicone, I haven't needed it yet, but if/when I do, I'm going to try it in a little juice in a small bowl & remove plain water so it will be used ASAP. Or in canned pumpkin.

What have other people done?

Brandy--same reason people hire interior decorators. They could do it themselves but they don't have the time or talent. So they hire someone who's really good at it, who's done the research, knows what products are available, knows the latest things:) I actually think someone could build a business out of this...just have to find clients with money, limited time and a love of exotic pets:) It could be marketed as a service that also includes education and consultation on the best care and management of the animal...just a thought:) (never mind the economy;)

Very interesting about the eggs...fingers and toes crossed for you and babies!

Hmmmm, I will have to look into it. It could be a fun evening/weekend sort of thing. I am putting a rabbit education presentation together to run from my vet's clinic. I wonder if she would like to offer this as a service to her clients?

Thanks, I really hope we get babies this time. The eggs look really good.

As for the simethicone, I just squirt it in their mouths. It is sweet so once they know what it is, at least my kids, eat it right up. They do the same with metacam because it is also sweet. I don't like to mix medication with food because then I have a harder time knowing if they got it all. If I have to syringe I might as well keep the volume as small as possible. With the panacur I had to mix it though since it was a powder.

Thanks, LakeCondo...I do want to find more ideas about how to administer the simethicone...especially to a bunny who's fighting the dropper. Maybe I'll post a new question in the Infirmary. I like your idea--I don't have any pumpkin now but need to get some. I want to have a good "first aid" supply kit on hand.

They also really like fruit or vegetable flavored baby food. I keep a couple kinds of baby food, canned pumpkin, frozen squash, small individual sized pedialytes, and critical care on hand for emergencies. I also give them some pumpkin and squash on occasion so they are used to eating it from a dish. You don't want it to be a novel food when they already don't feel like eating. If they know what it is already many times they will lick it out of the dish so you don't have to force it.

Latest posts

Back