HELP!! Found a flea on me today!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am in need of help here...First let me apologize that I haven't been on here in awhile...between taking care of 2 households & 3 Rabbits...I am pretty busy...anyways, I am beside myself...

While drinking my 1st cup of coffee this morning I found a flea on my arm...YIKES!!! We have had Gracie almost 3 years and no fleas...we now have added two more bunnies to our family and I have fleas...What can I use on my poor babies it gets out of control.

Advantage or Revolution but NOT Frontline. Ivermectin is also effective, but should never be used on a Dutch bunny (or one who's got Dutch in his background). Your vet should be able to help you work out the dosing.

Hope that helps!

Rue

:yeahthat: Advantage and Revolution are great because they work for a whole month. They can be given each month for constant protection, if needed.

Also, get one of those cat flea collars and put it in your vacuum bag. It will kill any fleas that get sucked up. IMO it's the only good use for those things. ;)

We have a french lop, an american fuzzy lop and a holland lop...The american fuzzy is my bunny while the other two are my daughters...I think that how we got fleas is that last week we had some really nice cool weather so my bunny and I went outside...Question ~ is there anything that I can treat my lawn with that is safe for our bunnies so we don't have this problem again...Both my bunny and I really enjoyed being outside together or Am i better off just keeping him in the house and letting him run around?

Back