Help for my baby bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allygobbles

Reaction score
I purchased a bunny about 2 weeks ago, about 3 days ago she started building a nest and had babies!!!! Was very surprised. Unfortunately, a day ago we found her dead, don't know why or how she died. She had 4 babies we've been feeding them kitty milk. One dies during the day, and 2 died while feeding? There is one left. How do I keep him warm without his other brothers and sisters?

Its best to have a heat source the baby can get close to and then get away from. If you put him on a heated blanket or heating pad with no way to get off of it, it can bake him. A hot water bottle that he can snuggle up to then move away from is probably better. But you will have to keep refilling it to keep it warm. Another thing people use is a heat lamp on one side of the nest only but thats a little risky also. I think hot water bottle is best and put it beside the baby so if baby gets hot he can move away.

If you can search for a rabbitry or someone who breeds rabbits and call them, they may have a doe with babies the same age and you might be able to foster the baby to her. That would be the best thing to do.

Last edited:
Another thing you could do is use a heating pad and put only half under the nest.

Also, it might be good to mix the kitten milk with Meyenburg condensed goats milk if you can find it.

I am so sorry about your rabbits. On Dec 1st our Doe had kits unexpectedly. Sadly, none of ours made it either, not sure why. The one good thing is, mom is still doing fine. I hope you find it in your heart to find another bunny friend.

Back