Help! Fighting!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idreaminglasscolor

Reaction score
So Friday morning Knit (unspayed female) started attacking Goliath (neutered)! We separated them quickly and neither of them were hurt but Knit kept thumping and trying to get to Goliath (who quickly calmed down). Knit isn't even a year old, can we still spay her that young?? They've been together for like... 5 months and never had a problem, however she is becoming more aggressive. I need help, will the lose their bond? Goliath is in the littlest cage ever i'm so worried! Is there any way i can help her calm down or their bond? Goliath doesn't seem to have a problem with her at all but she suddenly starts humping him and getting upset, and i have checked, she is definitely a girl. :pray: Please help! What should we do? Should we separate rooms? Should we let them play together outside of the cage and just watch them? Slowly reintroduce? How soon should we spay her! Help! Upset bunny parents!

I think they're more likely to lose their bond if you don't get her spayed. After the operation you can wipe her with his blanket so he'll remember her. Ideally you can keep them in separate pens in the same room & slowly move them nearer each other after the spaying.

I would remove her until you can get her spayed which can be done now. Keep her away from the male until her hormonal behavior is gone and then reintroduce her in a neutral location. As an unspayed female she is now considering the space they share as her nesting area for potential litters. He is intruding on that space.

Latest posts

Back