Help! escape artist strikes again!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered if she was climbing! What a little rascal! I think it's mildly entertaining that she waited while you were gone for just 2 minutes to get out.

Hmmm, let's see. Is there something you could wrap around the bars so she couldn't climb? I'm trying to think of something for a lid but that's an awfully big area.......maybe something that you could put just on the top so it makes like an extra lip so she can't go over........lemme brainstorm a bit, nothing is coming to mind......

on the plus side, at least I'm no longer being outsmarted by a baby bunny, heh. much better than having no idea how she was getting out!

I think a few others have suggested something like this. You could take some cardboard or posterboard and ziptie or tape it to the fencing, part way up, so that in her climb she'll hit the smooth board and won't be able to climb past it. Maybe put it somewhere in the middle. High enough that it's not getting chewed on, but not so high that she could get injured when she has to give up and drop back down to the ground. Not that she hasn't already dropped down several times already :)

But first, you just have to get a picture of her climbing. I would love to see this little tiny bun climbing that big pen fencing.

I'd love a pic too, lol. she won't do it when I'm around, though. when I caught her, she thought I was in the bathroom and I snuck up on her... even if the camera had been in my hands and turned on, I wouldn't have been able to get the shot before she fell >.>

halfway up is a great idea! I was worried about her chewing it up or ripping it apart, but if it's not at floor level, she won't. I'm pretty tired now, so I'll probably sleep in the pen again and do it first thing when I wake up... don't wanna ruin perfectly good play boxes, so I guess I'll get some poster board from the store. good thing I've still got tons of zipties :D

I'm so thankful she hasn't managed to hurt herself from the drop back down after climbing to the top!

waiting on the rain to stop so I can go for my morning walk, then shower and go shopping to pick up poster board. I found a piece of foam board in the back bedroom, though, and zip-tied it to the wall of the pen right beside the condo where I'd caught her climbing yesterday and so far she hasn't escaped today (I swear I heard her trying and then slipping off the foam board, lol).

yet again, the scratch awl came in handy - funny how useful a tool can be when I didn't even know it existed until a month or two ago, lol. I keep finding things I want to punch holes in :p

I think the poster board will work and it won't break the bank either. Post pics and let us know how it works!

yeah, last I checked that stuff is dirt cheap. here's what I've done so far (the problem corner that I caught her climbing in):

DSCF05372.jpg

That HAS to work! Unless you have a super hero houdini bunny, i dont see how she could climb past that.

shhh, don't tempt her to prove you wrong! that's what happened to me and my original assertion that the pens were escape proof! :p

I agree that Awls are VERY handy. We have had them for years. They can even punch holes in sheet metal (trust me I have done it). I use mine at least 1x per week. The one that I use is at the very least 10-20 years old and still works wonders. (It was my grandpas before he died).

Latest posts

Back