Help...bunny that consumed Aloe...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a friend that has some advice to ask about her bunny, Magnum. Here's her exact question:

"Okay, I'm freaking out. Magnum was out for play time and I heard himchewing on something, I thought it was the paper towel roll we had inthe floor behind the rocking chair, but it was the box of tissues thathad fallen (I had NO IDEA)

Okay, they're Puffs Plus with ALOE - and I know aloe is bad for them,he only got 2 little (honestly, little) nips out of them, but I'm soscared now!

What do I do? I gave him petromalt and made him drink some water. Iread somewhere that there's something you can give them when you thinkthey've been poisioned, but I honestly can't remember what it is.

Do you think he's in any danger with ingesting such a small itty bitty amount or do I need to totally panic now???

Please help!!!

He's not showing any signs of being in trouble, but it just happened.When will I know if there's a problem, how long before I know he's inthe clear?

What do I need to be doing???

Thank you!!!"

I didn't know what to tell her, so I thought I'd ask you guys for help. Thanks!

I don't think thealoe is concentrated enough in the tissues to cause any sort of toxicreaction from just a few bites :hug2

If you're really worried, I'd say call the vet, but from what you describe he didn't ingest enough to warrent serious concern.

Aloe vera isn't toxic to rabbits although ingesting a large amount may have a laxative effect.

I think Magnum will be fine :)

Pam

Thanks so much for letting me know, you guys! Here's a word from the lady that asked for help:

"AW! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

I can't tell you how much your kind words and help have meant! He seemsfine and is probably wondering what the heck I was flipping outover...he kept covering me in kisses like "chill out mom, I'm FINE" lol

I think he'll be okay, from watching him tonight and also the replies Rosie got on the other board.

Rosie, please thank the posters on the other board for me. Tell themMagnum sends bunny kisses to all!
tongue.gif
"

Again, thanks, guys!!

Rosie*

Latest posts

Back