Help: Bunny in stasis? (resolved!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would push the hay and water. Keep Racer hydrated, that will keep the gut moving. Just because he is peeing normally does not mean that he is drinking. Check his waterbottle, that would be a better indicator of if he is drinking or not. The reason I say this is because Prince was peeing and pooping normally, but he wasn't drinking very much.

Get his teeth checked, make sure that they are healthy. It could be why he isn't eating his pellets.

I would get a pineapple and freshly squeeze it, then syringe the juice to him. Pedialyte is really good, it will keep him hydrated.

Pineapple juice: syringe 4 to 5cc's to Racer.

Quick Update:

Almost finished feeding him the Critical Care, his poop is slowly gaining size and the colour of the poop is not so dark and more green now.

So far no sight of hair in the poop which is a plus.

He wasnt drinkning too much water but the critical care i mixed a 4:1 ratio of water to critical care, so i suspect thats why he wasnt drinking so much, as it was like he was eating soup most days.

I mixed a 50:50 ratio of pineapple juice to water in his bowl, he drank all of it up very quickly, im worried thats too much sugar, so when i do it again in a few days time i'll give him less pineapple juice and more water, but i've never seen him drink so much in a short time! He drenched his fresh litter tray!

That sounds better, as long as it's a hay-like green, and green is normal for him. When I hear green poop I immediately worry because green mucus-covered poop is a really bad sign in some bunnies, a sign of enterotoxemia. My guys' poops are black/brown, not green ever.

Wow i gave him much more than that. I better reduce it, well he's only had it the one time, his poops are starting to look greener and grassier now, im down to the last serving of Critical care as of today.

Tomorrow he'll be back on a mix of veggies (mint, dill, parsley, carrot tops), pellets and hay.

I think he's getting better now, he's also shedding less, im hoping he's coming down to the last of his shedding for a few months.

Question: THey shed every 3 months in general right?

Well, I dunno. I mean if he handled it fine, it was probably ok. I just guessed that amount because I never give a sick bunny more than that amount of pedialyte--mostly because they won't take it from a syringe from me. Maybe half a cup or less?

Just an update, Racer is fine now, pooping and peeing a lot, poops are still smallish but greener and grassier. He eats all his hay.

I've reduced his pellets drastically, he's finally finished shedding and seems to be back to normal!

Latest posts

Back