Help bunbun is not well!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
bunbun,has been sitting inher litter box with her eyes half closed and she seems to be grindingher teeth, however her ears are not down or close to her body at all!!I think she's in pain, but I don't know where it hurtsher:(:(she's had her normal amount of poops and she peed andhas eaten alittle bit but im concerned because I found the carpet undermy bed was really badly torn up so I think she's been working on thatand might have swallowed some fibers, I also found some carpet fibersin her poop this morning!! im very worried :(

I would get her to the vet ASAP. Also be sure they are aware that she may have ingested carpet fibers.

Pam

Yes, get her to the vet right away!

Ingested carpet doesn't break down like hairballs.

I'm so sorry about this, Luna21!

I hope she'll be okay. :(

-Carolyn

OMG:(I just called the vet's office andthey told me to bring her in right away! Im on my way in now, I willpost up on her condition....:(please pray for us!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the vet said that surgery would be too riskyseeing as that we don't even know how much or how little carpet sheate:(:(:(he said to keep a close eye on her and see if shemakes it through the night:(she pooped at the vet's and therewasn't any carpet in it, she's not eating or drinking much ! Im verydepressed and I don't want to loose her, I've got her in a blanket onmy bed, she's not very active and is in a ball, she's very lethargicand all I can do is watch her closely and hope she makes it! thankyoufor all your prayers everyone I hope we get through this

i hope she pulls through. They didnt give anyadvice on how to pull her through. That's too bad that she isso sick. I would think it would be easier to deal with if you had aplan to make her better, but just waiting. Will be thinkingof her.

Cristy

I know :(there aren't many rabbit savvyvets in this town!! I don't think that vet knows what he's doing! hedid tell me to try to give her water in a syringe and massage her bellythats about it:(Im really worried

Please keep us updated! Has hercondition changed at all? Lactated Ringers solution is a muchbetter way to get her hydrated if she's not drinking. Ask thevet to instruct you on administering it so you can do it at home (it'savailable by script only).

You can gently massage her belly. I'mhesitant to give any other advice as we're not really sure if herillness is due to a blockage from the carpet (forcing any foods/liquidscould be dangerous) or if this is viral. The vet really needsto do an ultra sound and get an indication of what's going on in there.

Pam

well her condition hasn't really changed much,she's still scruched up in a ball! she doesn't like me touching her butshe doesn't have the strength to fight me:(Im tryin tomassage her belly right now and she's looking really uncomfortable! Iwill go back to the vet's tomorow and ask for that ultrasound and thatmedicine you suggested! I will keep you all posted during tonight onhow she's doing

Luna, I'm so sorryto hear this news. It's got to be so frustrating not knowing what theproblem may be. I can't understand why the vet didn't give moreinstructions. I hope you can find out more tomorrow so you can feellike you are able to help pull bunbun through this. I'll be thinking ofyou.

Raspberry

Oh Luna21,
Dearest Luna21,

Keep doing what you're doing, and we will pray very hard.

Hug, kiss, and massage her.

I'm so sorry this is happening.

My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with you.

-Carolyn

Oh Luna21,
Dearest Luna21,

Keep doing what you're doing, and we will pray very hard.

Hug, kiss, and massage her.

I'm so sorry this is happening.

My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with you.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back