help! broken nail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom bunny

Reaction score
Just wondering if you could give me someadvice. Zach and I were playing with blossom tonight andnoticed she had an owie on her foot, upon further inspection, it lookslike she lost most of one of her nails, I cant really feel the nail andit looks all scabby where the nail should be. She doesn'tseem affected by this in anyway at all, she is still hopping andplaying and I can't find blood anyhere in her cage or in the house so Ihave no idea when this happened? Should I take her to the vetin the morning? I really don't know what to do, thanks forany suggestions...Tracy

well... i think you should because i havent hadany reactions with our bunny Emmy... :?did she chip or fallwhen you were playing with her? maybe that is the case? i dont reallyknow.. i think you should as Caroyln or Pam... keep us updated please!

smiley14.gif
i don't really know. One time Pipkin broke her nail, but it wasbleeding all over and we used this Sure Clot powder to make it stop. Weclipped off the part of her nail that was falling off, and then after awhile her nail grew back. so probably you should wash it if thereappears to be dried blood, and then it will grow back. i hope thishelps somewhat, keep us updated!

Hi blossombunny,

Doesn't sound like a vet visit is in order to me,blossombunny. She made it through okay and it sounds as ifshe's well on the road to recovery, especially since it's scabbedover.

:)

-Carolyn

Back