help! back legs swollen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoshiPixel

Reaction score
I feel so terrible
i was walking in my kitchen and i slipped and fell and my rabbit was super close to me so i accidentally hit him as i fell
he cant move that well now i'm so scared i called a vet and he is getting checked out tomorrow
i feel so terrible i dont know what to do

his left side is swollen and he cant move his right back leg

he is only a month and a half

If you can't get him to the vet until tomorrow then about all you can do is restrict his movement by putting him in a smaller area so he doesn't further aggravate his injury, and make sure he can eat and drink without any problem. You will also likely need to have him on an absorbent material as he probably will have problems urinating.

yeah he doesnt really want to eat hay but i'm giving him water every hour or so
also he is now in a carrier so he doesn't hop or anything

If he has a pelleted food, you could try soaking in warm water and making a mush to spoon or syringe feed(slowly and carefully so as to not risk aspiration) to him. It's not good for rabbits to go more than 12 hours without eating as it causes a digestive slowdown which can result in a GI blockage, which of course would further complicate things.

Latest posts

Back