Help Baby Max ... GI Stasis?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxTheLop

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Im really needing some help! My 8 month old, Max. Seems to be exhibiting signs of GI Stasis.

He has been quiet, not moved much, nibbling on bit of food here and there instead of just seeing a blur of greens. He is laying on his side a lot or streched out, but doesn't stay that way for long, eventually he scrunches up into a ball. Which is Stomach to the floor and keeping his head tucked.

He won't let me hold him to help lightly massage his stomach, and I'm getting worried by the fact he hasn't eaten.

Please help me, what is a way I can get him hydrated if I don't have a syringe to help give him water.

:confused::dconfused: :confused: :confused:

Does the belly look bloated at all? If you gently feel just under the rib cage, check if the stomach itself is bloated. It will feel like a balloon just under the ribs if it's bloated. How long since he last ate/drank? Has he stopped pooping and what did his last poop look like? Any other symptoms like odd poop, difficulty chewing, being picky about food, any odd behaviors previous to this? Can you get him to a rabbit savvy vet right away if needed?

If you cannot get to a vet, go to a pharmacy and ask for a medicine syringe for kids. You can also try baby simethicone drops for the gas and a mixture of 1cc mineral oil and 1cc Greek yogurt. He really needs a vet and subcutaneous fluids.

If stomach feels bloated and he havent pooped at all or his poops are too few go to vet as soon as possible its stasis and emergency
And gases can lead to quick changing in positions and stretching alot and bloated stomach try your hard to massage his belly can help releasing gases and get the intestine moving

Latest posts

Back