Helo me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A peanut is a dwarf rabbit that has got two dwarfing genes, which usually causes them to die before 3 days of age.
A runt is just a name we give to the smaller babies in a litter, the ones who don't grow or develop as fast their siblings.

Peanuts are from the dwarf gene, Peanuts always die.
Runts are the smallest kits in the litter.

Just for future reference - it would help if you would use a better description when you start a thread topic. Instead of "help me" - put "What is the difference between a peanut and a runt?" and people who know the difference are more likely to read the thread than if you simply say "Help me".

Thanks!

can someone make a pic thread about

runts vs peanuts

and include other birth defects like max factor etc?

i've tried to look on google but i can not find anything good

:(

if there is one on the site can someone lead me to it?

TinysMom wrote:
maxysmummy wrote:
can someone make a pic thread about

runts vs peanuts

and include other birth defects like max factor etc?

i've tried to look on google but i can not find anything good

:(

if there is one on the site can someone lead me to it?
Abnormal kits (GRAPHIC IMAGES)

oh wow thankyou for that.

i'm not a breeder nor do i plan on breeding, but i guess you can say that morbid curiosity got to me.

Hello!
i brough 2 9 week old mini lops home today and im guessing one of them is the runt as its a fair bit smaller (would post a pic if i knew how to!) she seams alert, happy and active but breaths quite heavily, grunts and sways her head from side to side, could the head swaying be motion sickness from a long car trip today and the noises be anxiety? is there more likely to be problems if shes the runt? any help would be great! (you guys seam to know what your talking about!)

Hello!
i brough 2 9 week old mini lops home today and im guessing one of them is the runt as its a fair bit smaller (would post a pic if i knew how to!) she seams alert, happy and active but breaths quite heavily, grunts and sways her head from side to side, could the head swaying be motion sickness from a long car trip today and the noises be anxiety? is there more likely to be problems if shes the runt? any help would be great! (you guys seam to know what your talking about!)

TinysMom wrote:
Just for future reference - it would help if you would use a better description when you start a thread topic. Instead of "help me" - put "What is the difference between a peanut and a runt?" and people who know the difference are more likely to read the thread than if you simply say "Help me".

Thanks!
YES I was thinking the same thing!

Latest posts

Back