Hellooo Gideon!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EileenH

Reaction score
Although he's been mentioned on here a few times, I thought it time to introduce a new bunny - Gideon!
I work in a wildlife hospital, (OK shameless plug..) and though we don't work with domestic animals, I have a soft spot for abandoned bunnies, which is how I ended up with my own Gulliver.

About 6 weeks ago, we got a phone call about a white bunny that somebody saw get dumped out of a van. The person who saw it tried to get the plate# of the van but the van took off too fast. The next day, the white bunny showed up in this person's yard. Not knowing what to do, they called us.

He was such a sad little guy; hock sores, urine burns, skinny as could be, yet also as friendly as could be. He had absolutely no litterbox habits, and liked to roll in his own urine. We knew we had some work to do!

BlueMoon, who recently joined this forum, was far away in vet school upstate. Always a softie for the sad domestic rabbits that find their way in our backdoor, she said she would be interested in adopting him.
So, without further ado, here are some pictures of him.

This is when he first came in -(that's me!) - see his poor little bald legs? By the way, he is terrified of being outside -see how his ears are pinned back? I learned that the hard way during this photo:p
EileenGideonBestforWeb.jpg

And, this is the famous pose that BlueMoon used to do his plaque. He is so skinny here, and you can see again how sad his legs were:
GideonRunningBestforWeb.jpg

And now....here are some pix I took of him today. He's pure white now , no more hock sores, and his hair grew in:
GideonstandingBestforWeb.jpg

Here is the sleepy boy, sleeping in his box. Ok, so there is a *little* urine stains on him still.. but look how plump!
GideonSleepsInHouse2BestforWeb.jpg

Most exciting for me and pipwin (who works with me and has been sharing Litterbox training 101 with me) - is this - in the last week or so, he has gotten the litterbox down - no accidents at all!
Look what a good boy - that is all him, I wasn't picking them up:
GoodBoyGideonBestforWeb.jpg

And after being harrassed all day by me taking pictures, we ended the day with a very Disapproving Bunny!:
DisapprovingGideonBestforWeb.jpg

I hope you enjoy all these pictures. I am sure there will be many more coming. BlueMoon is going to be taking him back to vet school after Thanksgiving. He was neutered last week and has passed his litterbox test, so he is ready to go home.
We're really going to miss him a lot.

Ooooooh I just want to hug him in that third picture!!! :bunnydance:

I picked up my Oxbow order at school today (we have a program to get a little bit of a discount for students) so my car smells like hay. :)

he is such a pretty guy, now that he's all healed up! best wishes to his new mama and kudos to you all for saving him!

I hugged him all day today so I know what you mean.

I thought you should see him now, since you said your study group liked him even though he is raggedy. Thought you'd like to know that he is certainly not raggedy anymore, he is a very handsome little man.:apollo:

Oh my gosh what a cute Bunny. What a wonderful thing you did in taking him in and showing him what real "Love " is.

Kudos to you and all that helped this little guy.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back