Hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirerin

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new bunny mom. He is an 8 week old Flemish Giant, New Zealand and Rex mix. I actually got him from a meat breeder, but because of his sweet personality, she contacted me and asked if I wanted him. He's very sweet, full of energy and personality. I am still currently rabbit proofing my home and plan on letting him free roam half the house, but for now he is in a 16sq ft x-pen in my home office. I own an antique business, so unfortunately he won't be able to roam the entire house.
I have been slowly introducing him to the other animals in my house, which are two senior small animal friendly dogs and two 10+ year old cats who were also raised around small animals, mostly ferrets.
I've been struggling getting a vet appointment for him to get a check up and talk about a neuter. Everything so far in the Seattle area is pretty booked up but I have been added to lists. I've heard him sneeze a couple of times and he's been a bit itchy.
Before I got him, his only diet was veggies and was living in a chicken coop with his parents, chickens and a turkey - no hay or pellets.
I currently have him eating Timothy Hay, Oxbow Alfalfa and Purina Pellets.
I've been watching every rabbit video I can find on YouTube and trying to educate myself as much as I can. Looking forward to meeting you all :)cinder1.jpgCinder2.jpg

Thank you all for the welcome! Yesterday I spent most of the day rabbit proofing one room at a time and designating one main room for him. So far this is all Iโ€™ve been able to come up with to protect the baseboards heโ€™s decided that he wants to chew. ๐Ÿ™‚
Iโ€™ll post a photo when everything is done. Picking up large room area rugs today from Loweโ€™s. ADCA887C-C508-4D74-BB2D-0FC1EB11DF04.jpeg

I love the fence. The bunny I had in college, Phoebe a large "mini" lop mix, liked to chew wood and at the time I just put some lemon juice where she liked to chew and it quickly deterred her. Only took her once to realize I tasted bad and then she just avoided the smell.

I love the fence. The bunny I had in college, Phoebe a large "mini" lop mix, liked to chew wood and at the time I just put some lemon juice where she liked to chew and it quickly deterred her. Only took her once to realize I tasted bad and then she just avoided the smell.

Great idea! Iโ€™ll try that too.

I ended up getting some cheap throw rugs at an over stock store and even though heโ€™s very good at only peeing in the litter box, he digs. So Iโ€™ll probably end up getting tile.
I have a tarp in between my carpet and his carpet.
Itโ€™s 64 square feet currently but Iโ€™ll be expanding as he gets older. hopefully someday we wonโ€™t need a cage. ๐Ÿ™‚ I went a little crazy on buying these fence panels though and have several more boxes...
The outer fence is only 2 feet high, but he hasnโ€™t tried to jump it yet and Iโ€™m only concerned about him at night when I canโ€™t watch him and the house is probably too big for a little bun. This is what I have so far, but I have more stuff arriving today from Amazon (grass mats, rabbit table, etc) and a higher fence in the garage.
He seems to like it, lots of zoomies and binkies, probably better than a chicken coop. 623D1E95-87E1-44B8-A252-CFA4CE0CBF2A.jpeg5257920C-ED73-4990-95C7-94FB8AF588F4.jpeg

Thank you :)
Also I finally got an appointment at a vet. They are outside of Seattle and have pretty awesome reviews. Sounds like I am going to be getting pre neuter exam, fecal float and an e.cuniculi test. Guess it's time to start Googling what those are.

Hello, I am a new bunny mom. He is an 8 week old Flemish Giant, New Zealand and Rex mix. I actually got him from a meat breeder, but because of his sweet personality, she contacted me and asked if I wanted him. He's very sweet, full of energy and personality. I am still currently rabbit proofing my home and plan on letting him free roam half the house, but for now he is in a 16sq ft x-pen in my home office. I own an antique business, so unfortunately he won't be able to roam the entire house.
I have been slowly introducing him to the other animals in my house, which are two senior small animal friendly dogs and two 10+ year old cats who were also raised around small animals, mostly ferrets.
I've been struggling getting a vet appointment for him to get a check up and talk about a neuter. Everything so far in the Seattle area is pretty booked up but I have been added to lists. I've heard him sneeze a couple of times and he's been a bit itchy.
Before I got him, his only diet was veggies and was living in a chicken coop with his parents, chickens and a turkey - no hay or pellets.
I've been watching every rabbit video I can find on YouTube and trying to educate myself as much as I can. Looking forward to meeting you all :)View attachment 50377View attachment 50378
Heโ€™s almost identical to my Gigi! ๐Ÿฅฐ. Little cutie

Attachments

• 9B0D2060-9CF7-4863-BD14-87E3EC017256.jpeg
    9B0D2060-9CF7-4863-BD14-87E3EC017256.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 1
  • AB9231CB-80CD-4055-8CF2-5FE66562B760.jpeg
    AB9231CB-80CD-4055-8CF2-5FE66562B760.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 1
I've been watching every rabbit video I can find on YouTube and trying to educate myself as much as I can. Looking forward to meeting you all :)View attachment 50377View attachment 50378
Hey girl,
I'm a new Momma too!! Your bunny is absolutely stunning and so handsome
๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Hey girl,
I'm a new Momma too!! Your bunny is absolutely stunning and so handsome
๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™
You should definitely try feeding him greens if possible. I wasn't giving Skyy any greens for a couple weeks, but then I took her to the vet and she said greens are an important part of their diet and pellets are meant to be more "treat food". Skyy LOVES spinach but you can use any dark greens (No Iceberg lettuce as it contains no nutritional value

I have some, I just wasnโ€™t sure how much was appropriate for his age. Thatโ€™s all he ate though before I got him and I know thatโ€™s what his mom ate. Iโ€™ve been giving him a handful of cilantro, a bit of spinach and romaine in the mornings. Heโ€™s eating Oxbow alfalfa, a bit of Timothy hay and Purina pellets. ๐Ÿ™‚
He gets to see the vet on October 6th

Latest posts

Back