Hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandparsley7

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've made a few topics within the last week, but I figured I would introduce myself now. I have had two rabbits over the years when I was younger and now have one male Dutch named Lou. As soon as I move out with my fiancé we agreed to look into the House Rabbit Society of Chicago so that we can rescue a rabbit in need, and bond him or her with our little man. :) We can't wait to add another bun to our life! I love rabbits and sharing and learning new info with others, so I'm glad I found the perfect place. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1388791142.176348.jpg

Yes I was reading that on the website, and that's why I decided to go with them. I've never done bunny bonding and I really like that idea.

Welcome to the forum. I'm new as well, but I am already finding this to be a terrific site chock full of good people and good information!

Lou is absolutely darling! Over the years, I have been a fan of many different breeds of rabbits. But, the dutch rabbit has always been one of my favorites. I don't know what it is about them, but they just seem...classic. And, Lou is certainly no exception!

And, I suppose congrats are in order since you'll soon be adopting another bun. I've heard nothing but good things about the House Rabbit Society of Chicago and I'm certain you'll be able to find a buddy for your sweetie, Lou. Please keep us up on any potential adoptees - and, of course, please continue to share pics of Lou. I look forward to getting to know you both better in the coming weeks and months!

Thank you! I agree with the Dutch breed! I've had two, and I absolutely love them. I won't be adopting for about another year but I'm still excited at the thought :) although I may foster for a bit because the HRS of Chicago posted a notice about the animal welfare league of Chicago ridge having to cut down their current rabbits by half.... That leaves 18 rabbits without homes. They are trying there best to place in homes and rescues, but may have to euthanize if nothing can be done :( I know you said you have heard good things about Chicago's HRS I don't know of that means you are close or not, but just wanted to spread the word!

Back