Hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Katie, i live outside of Houston, Tx. I have a boxer named Rosco and I have a 9 mo old neutered lionhead rabbit named Buster. I got him when he was 5 months, he had lived outside his whole life and so he was really shy at first but is opening up. When I go in his room he will usually get all excited and periscope around trying to see if I have veggies i think lol. He is very smart and loves training time, I clicker train him and he enjoys it a lot and understands very quickly. He does not have free roam of the house, he lives in our dining room, he has a cage and a large fenced in area. Still hates being petted...which I understand completely..but..unfortunately he needs to be brushed and needs his nails trimmed soon. :{ so I hope to get some advice or suggestions from this forum. :)

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I will try to post pictures...*fingerscrossed* Thank you I will give it a read! He is soft, I told my fiancé that when he passes away I want to turn him into a hat so I can finally pet him without him hating me! Lol!

image.jpg

When I first got him he was severely matted and yellow from being peed on by other buns :'( so I had to give him a haircut, his fur has came back beautifully! That first day I got him I gave him a small bath and he wasnt freaked out at all I was so surprised, his eyes weren't bugged out or anything. Then when I pulled out the scissors he also was ok with that. I could pick him up at that first day too without much struggle. But now that he's settled in he hates being picked up which I don't try to do unless I need to, so...three times so far. Got bad scratches every time. And I need to brush him badly but now he won't let me, today I tried wetting my hand to get the dead hair off, didnt like it but I managed, didn't get much hair either. But he has little tufts sticking out so I know he needs a brushing.

image.jpg

aww, I LOVE his cute wittle face!!

not sure if he'd put up with it, but I *love* the furminator for lionhead grooming. nice thing is, it has a money-back guarantee so if he hates it, you can return it.

I got the furminator for long-haired cats under 10 lbs, works very well on both my lionhead and my short-haired holland lop. my holland isn't too fond of it, but she'll tolerate it enough to get the job done... my lionhead seems to enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back