Hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news guys, I called the pet store and they said they get their rabbits at 2 to 3 months and they've had those rabbits for about a month (they don't get new ones until all the previous ones are gone), so that means she's at least 12 weeks already. :) I got her on Tues and have slowly introduced her to green bell peppers since then and yesterday and this morning I gave her a bit of romaine. She loved it! I'm still giving pellets at the same time (and of course as much hay as she can eat). Is there anything I could do better during this process or am I doing all right?

Btw, I'm giving Timothy and Orchard hay.

@Imbrium Can't she smell the pee and poop under the floor though? I clean up whatever stays on the top of it and put it in the litter box and periodically clean out the tray, but is it making her think it's a good place to go when there's pee and poop under the floor that she can smell?

SaruCharmed wrote:
Good news guys, I called the pet store and they said they get their rabbits at 2 to 3 months and they've had those rabbits for about a month (they don't get new ones until all the previous ones are gone), so that means she's at least 12 weeks already. :) I got her on Tues and have slowly introduced her to green bell peppers since then and yesterday and this morning I gave her a bit of romaine. She loved it! I'm still giving pellets at the same time (and of course as much hay as she can eat). Is there anything I could do better during this process or am I doing all right?

Btw, I'm giving Timothy and Orchard hay.

Yay! Good to know she is already that old. Sounds like introducing veggies is fine! Just do it one at a time and slowly so you can watch for a reaction.

I think you sound like a very concerned a great bunny owner. You are doing lots of research and that is great. Ripley is lucky to have found you :)

SaruCharmed wrote:
@Imbrium Can't she smell the pee and poop under the floor though? I clean up whatever stays on the top of it and put it in the litter box and periodically clean out the tray, but is it making her think it's a good place to go when there's pee and poop under the floor that she can smell?
possible... I didn't really think about that. you could try putting something over the floor if you think it's a problem (you can get a cheap vinyl runner or something at home depot).

Ripley's a boy!!! x3 He finally let me check properly. I had him on my lap leaned against my stomach belly up. He was still scared but not so much that he tried to get away apparently. And he still likes me because I gave him treats after xD Anyways it definitely looked like a tube with a round tip, so yay!

Oh btw, how long should a vegetable be introduced before it's safe to move on to a new one?

Oh okay then. That's about how many days I let him get used to the bell peppers :) Now I'm introducing Romaine. He loves it but he'll only eat the outside of the leaves and not the middle xD

Latest posts

Back