Hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beccasbunnies

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Becky I have two bunnies. Solo and Pebbles. I'm sad to say my sweet Holland Lop Nikita passed away two weeks ago. She was rescued a month after I rescued Solo. Both Solo and Nikita were abandoned, Solo I saved as a baby, he was about 6 weeks old. He was dumped in the woods with about ten other bunnies, and when I got him his little bum and feet were still covered in urine stains from whatever enclosure he had been in (my guess is he was dumped by a breeder who got tired of the rabbits) sadly we could only save Solo and three other rabbits who all went to wonderful homes. the rest we did not get to in time. One day they were all there, and the next.. they were gone. I don't know what happened to them and it still makes me want to cry thinking of the ones we couldn't save.

Kita was rescued about two months later, I believe she was about 3 yrs old when she came to me. She was also abandoned (I think by a different person) and had crawled under someones deck and was living there. We don't know how long she had been alone, but we think it was a long time.
it took me months for her to learn to trust me,
She was such sweet bunny but so timid and slow to trust, everything scared her. once I had gained her trust she never failed to show me in her own bunny way that she loved me.

I've had Solo and Kita for Almost 4 years now. those little furballs have sure taught me a lot about how amazing rabbits truly are, I'm so thankful to have them in my life :bunnyhug:

Little miss Pebbles has been with me for less than a week. She is a very loving little girl who is always buzzing and purring, she had been a house bunny for the first couple years of her life, and then was given to a home that kept her outside in a small outdoor hutch.

She is loving being inside again and can't get enough of snooping and binkying all over the house. so much space for a bunny who has been living in a small dark hutch for a year. she hates being locked in her pen, and throws quite the tantrum when it's time for her pen to be closed and Solo's turn to have run of the room. But until they're bonded, she is going to have to put up with being penned up.

She has mastered bossing my cat Butterbean and my two pups around, it's pretty cute, LOL. I think she fell in love with my black lab, Maddie. those two are inseperable! it's pretty cute seeing her climb all over maddie and seeing the two fo them give each other kisses. Maddie makes a point to sleep right near Pebbles pen.

Pebbles "cage" is actually quite large with a big box to jump on and sleep in, toys and a large litter box full of hay. But in her eyes it's just not big enough.. LOL. I don't blame her though, she has so much energy and has a years worth of running and binkying to get out of her system.

So far bonding is going okay between pebbles and Solo. But Solo is still greiving for kita and we are not rushing things. Solo and Kita were very much in love and very loyal to one another. hewas so dependant on her and is not quite ready to accept bossy pants Pebbles so for now their cages are side by side. They have "dates" everyday for about 15 minutes. Solo is very unsure of her but he is showing progress. I think it will be awhile before the two bond, but that's okay I have all the time in the world to do the right thing for my bunnies.

it's hard seeing my little bunny so lost without Kita. But Pebbles is making things a little easier for him, He's never been without Kita except for when both bunnies were spayed and neutered. even then kita's cage was right next to his. So having Pebbles around is making him a noticably happier little boy.

I look forward to meeting others who are owned by rabbits. And as soon as I can figure out how to get pictures up,I'll show everyone my monkeys. No pictures of pebbles as of yet, but She'll be bombarded by the camera soon enough.. LOL

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome. Sweet and sad stories. I never find baby animals and always read or hear stories of others. At least you were able to save a few :). Enjoy your stay!

Latest posts

Back