Hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gianetta

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to this forum. I'm a fairly mature rabbit-lover (51!) and live in West Yorkshire, England.

My avatar shows my rabbit, Caddy. I think she's a dwarf cross, with maybe a bit of lionhead as she has a funny little whispy ruff and fringe. I only got her last year - she was given to me by a lady who had taken on too many pets and felt she couldn't look after them all properly.

I only started with rabbits a few years ago when I rescued one that was being kept in a hutch at the bottom of the field next door to my house. She never got any company so I started going down to see her and in Summer discovered that her hutch was very smelly and she had no water. I don't often lose my temper, but I did that day! I persuaded the owner to give her to me and when I cleaned out the hutch I discovered live maggots in the bottom. She was a beautiful grey rabbit and although she died about 3 years later I feel that at least she got a better quality of life for those 3 years.

I also have 2 guinea pigs and 2 cats. Where would we be without animals!

:hello And Welcome to RO. Your bunny, Caddy,is very cute. Sorryfor the loss of your other bunny.

See you around the forum. Theres lots of friendly people, and lots of things you can read and learn here. Enjoy!

:sunshine:April

WElcome hope you love it here. So sorry that you one had only three years with you but i am sure that it was a great three compared to what she was living in.

Hi Gianetta! Thats fantastic u rescued the bunny!!! I got my bunny ruari from a rescue centre.. he was only 5/6 weeks old with no mommy!!! Some people are so cruel it scares me........

hello and welcome to RO :welcome1
nice to have you here :) hope to see you around the forums

beccaaa

:wave2

:welcome1to RO!

Thank you very much for sharing your story with us; I'm sure Caddy is very well loved!

Be sure to check out the Lagomorph Library for plenty of great information on rabbit health, behaviour, bonding suggestions and nutrition.

See you on the main board!

Latest posts

Back