Hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danijoel

Reaction score
Hello!

We are new to rabbit keeping, but I am already finding it fascinating. I had no idea how interesting these little guys could be! I also had no idea I'd be looking for some place to help us with our little problem, which I posted over in Health & Behavior.

We have three bunnies who were already named when they came to live with us. One female named Cookie, and two males named Romeo & Cutie. Beautiful rabbits, or I should say, they will be beautiful again soon. One has endured severe burns, (which arenow healing quite well,)on either side of his rump from careless heat lamp placement and thoughtless housing with a more dominant male. They arrived a week ago yesterday and the burns look so much better already! But it didn't take us long to figure out the dominant one was backing the submissive little guyinto the bulb and forcing him to remain against it. Horrible! Oh gosh, how these other people didn't know is beyond me because within an hour, we could see exactly how he sustained his injuries which were reported to be fromthe rabbit pulling his own hair out and biting his own flesh!

Well, that was a pretty awful introduction, sorry about that.

I look forward to getting to know you guys here, and since we've only had our bunnies for a week now, you may see me often.

Dani

Welcome to RO Dani! So glad to have you here, I look forward to seeing pictures of your buns.:)

OMG that is awful, I feel so sorry for the burned victim hope everything heals up soon, Why did they have a heat lamp next to the rabbits cage?

Welcome to RO :D
Great bunny names :)

Can't wait to see pictures :)

Welcome to the forum! I am glad you found the site, as you probably found this is a very friendly and helpful site.

I hope the little one with the burns is recovering well.

I look forward to hearing more about your new life as a bunny slave and pictures of your bunny's.

Their previous ownersactually had the heat lamps inside the hutch area, making it so the dominante buck could bully, and push the other little guy into it, causing the burns.

I will try to getthem to cooperate so I can get pictures onhere, but they do have their own ideas about what they want to do.

I am so pleased with the way the burns are healing now that the boys are seperated. Cookie isdoing incredibly well and is finally coming out of his shell and displaying more personality.

Welcome! Can't wait to see pictures and to hear more stories about your buns!

Denise

Latest posts

Back