Hello!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punkygirl0101

Reaction score
My name is Melanie. I joined this forum a couple years ago, but haven't been an active poster. I am reintroducing myself!

I have 12 dogs (7 dachshunds-1 Chihuahua-1 Jack Russel Terrier mix-1 Rat terrier/Chihuahua mix-1 Dachshund mix-and 1 Tibetan spaniel/Toy Aussie mix.)

19 adult cats, and 4 kittens (1 kitten is 10 weeks, 2 are 4 weeks and with their mother, and 1 is 2 weeks and I am bottle feeding her). I foster for a cat rescue, and also take in rescues myself. My city is having a cat overpopulation crisis!! It is the worst of all of California, and one of the worst in the U.S. My numbers always increase and decrease based on the season (And its kitten season!)

I also have 23 rats, 5 mice, 4 hamsters, and 1 gerbil. (I used to do rodent rescue, but stopped about 6 months ago, and don't plan to continue it on for a few years, taking a break from rodent rescue!!).

2 turtles (1 red eared slider, and 1 three toed box turtle).

Lots of fish (2,000 gallon pond with goldfish/koi, tropical tanks, bettas.)

and of course the rabbits:

Finallynewpic78.jpg

Finallynewpic80.jpg

Finallynewpic86.jpg

This is Apollo, who from guessing and looking at pictures I think is a polish/Mini rex cross. I also don't have any clue how old he is, I adopted him from the SPCA a couple years ago, and he looked the same as he does now (Gray hairs included).

Newpics35.jpg

Newpics42.jpg

Newpics48.jpg

Newpics63.jpg

This is "Thumper" , my harlequin lionhead.I just got her a few days ago from my friend's boyfriend who moved back in with his parents who are allergic so had to give his bunnies up..so I took them. I want to change her name though, but still thinking on it.

Newpics29.jpg

And lastly, this is "Theodore", my harlequin mini rex who came to me with "Thumper"..They sadly were in the same cage up until I got them, and so "Thumper" is most likely pregnant. (If their sexes are right...I am having a hard time telling, for some reason i can't sex rabbits very well).
Thats the only picture I have from this batch of photos..I got a lot more though I will post once they are uploaded!

Apollo has free range of my kitchen (Hes not neutered, but I am planning on it really soon so I can bond him with the new guys).

The two new bunnies are separated in smallish cages right now, with separate free range of my bedroom (Each for 12 hours), and I am going to be making them NIC cages really soon.

As for other bunnies I used to have. When I first joined this forum I had a New Zealand white named Benjamin. He was adopted out to a nice family a couple months later. (I had been pet sitting him, and the lady never contacted me, so had just abandoned him here). And after him I had a rescued black dutch named Hercules who sadly was killed in a horrible accident earlier this year. He was only 1 1/2 at the time.

Welcome back!! You sure have a lot of animals!! Your rabbits are very cute! I look foward to see more pics of your rabbits. (As well as your other animals;))

Amanda

:helloWelcome stranger! Great to have you "back". Your Bun buns are adorable!! I love the pictures. Sounds like you have your hands (and feet!) full taking care of all those animals! I'm sure you have a boat load of fun stories about them. Would love to see more pics of the "kids" !!

-Kayleigh

Hello & Welcome "back!" Coming from someone who has a zoo - that's quite a zoo you've got there!! It must be a lot of fun :)Your rabbits are beautiful! I'm so glad you did a re intro and are going to spend more time here. Looking forward to seeing you around and hearing about and seeing pictures of your rabbits :)

I think I'm in love with Thumper :inlove:.

All of your buns are adorable and it sounds like you've got a ton of animals in your family. I thought I was bad with the three dogs and three cats along with my four buns and two gerbils. You've got me beat! But I'm sure it's great and it sounds like you've got a ton of love to give (and I'm sure you get double or triple that back from the animals)! I can't wait to see pictures of your whole gang.

Welcome! I didn't know you before, butI can't wait to get to know you better now.

(BTW, I have a toy fox terrier (she's not a rat terrier, but similar) and I love her to death. I'd love to see pics of your rat terrier X!)

Thanks for the welcomes!!

Yes, I am from Goosemoose rat forums as well! :)

Here are some random pictures of some of my other animals (I LOVE posting pictures, so expect tons!):

Newpics104.jpg

Thats my 2 week old bottle baby foster kitten! (Though my other foster cat, who is nursing her month old kittens helps me out sometimes..)

Finallynewpic234.jpg

Thats Charlotte, my Jack Russel Terrier mix.

Finallynewpic237.jpg

Charlotte and Bob

Finallynewpic238.jpg

Bob (dachshund)

Finallynewpic253.jpg

Bubbles, my mom's tortoiseshell cat

Finallynewpic261.jpg

one of the 4 week old kittens, we just call him Monkey

Finallynewpic267.jpg

Annabelle (The 10 week old foster kitten) chewing on Smokette's (The mother foster cats) ear. (Smokette is at this exact moment nurising her 2 kittens, Annabelle, AND my bottle baby. lol.>Shes a good mother!)

Finallynewpic332.jpg

Thats Melvin, my boy!

Finallynewpic135.jpg

London (He was another kitten I bottle fed..Hes getting neutered Friday!)

Finallynewpic159.jpg

Chad

Finallynewpic178.jpg

Pebbles

Finallynewpic172.jpg

Elliot and Jannah (Dachshunds)

Finallynewpic176.jpg

Charlotte my JRT mix again

Finallynewpic191.jpg

Brad (Dachshund mix)

Finallynewpic197.jpg

Harry, my baby! Hes turning 12 July 14th!

Finallynewpic206.jpg

Reese (Dachshund)

Finallynewpic230.jpg

Daggett (Deformed Dachshund)

DSCI0371.jpg

Cera, one of my rats

DSCI0659.jpg

Chad again

DSCI0517.jpg

Simone

DSCI0157-1.jpg

Thats Apoll's night time cage