Hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karina

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I just read the welsome private message and it says I have to introduce myself, so here goes...

My name is Karina. I have recently welcomed seven rabbits into my home....well actually more than seven, let me explain.

For a long time I have been wanting a couple of rabbits to be housebunnies. I answered an advertisement for two male lop rabbits. when Igot there, I found she had alot more rabbits than just the two sheadvertised. She also had four female rabbits and one other male. Shetold me she was moving abroad and wanted to rehome the males, but wasgoing to set the females free....I can't see the logic in that. Anyway,I managed to get her to let me take theothers too. this wasback in January. Within days, one of the girls had had a litter ofbabies, and the other three all had their babies soon after, so I havea whole load of rabbits. I am hoping I can rehome the babies, but I amgetting attatched... I have named them all too...That's another thing,the lady I got them from said she bred them, but she never namedthe,:?poor bunnies, I name everything lol.

A bit about my rabbits... I will post pictures when I can work out how..

Dmitri is a orange lop buck, I have no idea of their ages, she didint know which is also weird since she told me she bred them..

Pavel is another lop eared buck. He is wild rabbit colour, i believe it's called agouti?

Sevastian is a dark chocolate/Black colour buck.

Lilia is a white rabbit, she had coloured ears and a very light stripedown her back, I have no idea what the colour is though... hopefullysomebody can tell me when i post pictures of her. she had seven babies

Tatyana is a very dainty little blue doe. she is so nervous of me, shehates being held, and still has not forgiven me for clipping herextremely overgrown nails. She had six babies.

Galina is a black and white lop eared doe, well she has aeroplane ears,one islopped and the other is sometimes lopped too but mostof the time it is stuck in the air. she had nine babies...

Anastasia is a black and white chubby little doe, she is the friendliest of them all. She had six babies..

I am hoping to make friends with other bunny lovers and to get helpwith the babies. the oldest litter are eight weeks old and I have justseperated the boys from the girls, they are doing ok but i felt awfultaking them away from their mother, although Tatyana seemed quitepleased :bunnydance:

I have said alot already, I hope I haven't bored everyone, and I willtry to get pictures up as soon as I can, which will most liekly betomorrow.

oh one other thing, if i posted some pictures of the babies couldsomedody tell me what colors they are? and also Dmitri and Pavel aresupposed to be purebred dwarf lops, if i posted pictures would anybodybe able to tell me what kind of lop they are? of course i understandthey could be a mix, like the other bunnies, I am just curious, thatsall.

Karina.

Hi, Karina!! Welcome to Rabbits Only!!

Wow...I really admire you for taking in all those sweet littlebunnies! And for the does to all have babies...must've beenquite a surprise!! :shock: I'm so proud to hear ofanother bunny slave that loves their babies as much as we do aroundhere!

Poor babies..no names, being bred all over the place without concernfor any of their well-being! I'm glad she wound up movingabroad and having to give them away. I can't believe she wasgoing to let FOUR PREGNANT DOES free to the wild!! :shock:

Wow...those bunnies really lucked out when they met you!You're truly wonderful for giving them all a home with you!I'm sure they're really happy to finally have names, too...poorsweeties! :(

My love and hugs to you and yours,

Rosie and the Girls :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

P.S. Feel free to post any and all questions you mayhave. If it's about the babies, you'd get better (and more)advice posting the question(s) in the Rabbitry section, as the membersthat frequent there are really adept at helping baby bunnies.:)

Hi Karina, wow thats a quick way to get a lot ofbuns they were really lucky you came along it would have been reallycruel to let any of the buns go free they can't survive in the wild! Itdoesn't sound like that person was very responsible!

you will get loads of help on here its a really nice forum and there are lots of people who can help you

:bunny18Polly

Hello and welcome to Rabbits Only!:welcome1

Goodness me, you have quite a handful I see! Well done you for takingthem in, so many people would have run a mile:(...I really reallyadmire you for this!:hug2:

You didn't bore me at all, I enjoyed reading your post, you shouldstart a bunny blog for yourself so we can all hear more about yougang!:biggrin:

Click Photobucket, which is a wonderful site for managing pictures and resizing and posting them on forums.

Yep, the wild bunny colour is called Agouti, I'm sure one of ourexperts will be glad to help you figure ut the colours of the babies, Iwill try but I don't know how much help I'd be with that!:tongutwo:You'd be best to start a topic in our Rabbitry section where they wouldbe most likely to see it.

I look forward to the pictures of all your rabbits, I can't believesomeone was going to set them free into the wild, that's like a deathsentence for domestic bunnies.:cry4:

Enjoy the forum!:bunnydance:

Michaela:), Ebony:bunny5, Pebble:anotherbun and Maddie:bunny16

welcome to the forum!:bunnydance:i like that you took in so many bunnies.:)must be alot of work.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

I will make a bunny blog and also post in the rabbitry section to tryand find out what colors the babies are. One of the babies is in myavatar, I will post a bigger picture of him tomorrow and also some ofthe other babies to see if I can find out what colors they are.

The bunnies are keeping me busy, I spend almost all ay with them, Ireally only come away to eat and sleep. I am really tired now so I willstart posting properly tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back