Hello! :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheyAutRanch

Reaction score
Name's Jessi. I have 4 young bunnies. 1 is arex, I think mini rex? but since young I"m not sure... The other threeare mini lops.

My friend at work got a female bunny, and she came pregnant. She kept 2of the babies, and was giving the other 4 to another coworker's dad. Soshe brought them to work to give to coworker, and I fell in love withone... Person getting them said her dad dind't know how many werecoming, so I could have one. My favorite, Freckle, is the rex. I'velearned his color is called charlie? He's mostly white with some brownaround his eyes, on his ears, a couple spots on his back, and a spot onhis nose (hence the name). (btw, the other 3 that went to her dad aretotally loved by her sisters! :))

I had had a bunny when I was a kid, but I'm definatley new! I boughtRabbits for Dummies, 2 bunny magazines, and have been reading, reading,reading!

Hubby said we could only get a bunny if we got TWO so it wasn't lonely.So next came Toast. Toast is an agouti. Same age-ish as Freckle.Occasionally one ear sticks up, but not too often. (btw I don't know ofany of them are purebred or not, does'nt matter to me as they're justpets). We got both of them in Feb, right before Valentines Day.

THen this week I saw another bunny I just couldn't turn away from...and she (?) paid a lot of attention to me! She was with another one,who is a little skittish. They were at the feed store I go to (I know,not the best place to get a bunny, but, well...) and we didn' wantanyone lonely, so both came home! LOL The store said they're mini lops.

The skittish one is white and orangey... I forget the term I read aboutlast night! Is it bi color? I was also reading about cats last night (Ihave a lot of those) so I might be confusing that b/c cats can bebicolor... Anyhow, she (?) also has an ear that sticks up sometimes.Hubby named her Popcorn.

And the other one's name got changed several times before I decided onButterfly, or Butter for short (b/c that goes with Popcorn and Toastlol!). I'm not sure what color, I will be making a post of thatshortly... if she (?) were a dog she'd be brindle. I'm thinking MAYBEtort? I was looking at tort bunnies on the net last night, but none Isaw look just like her... and all seemed to have dark faces and ears,so I"m not sure?She's in my avatar. She and Popcorn areyounger than Toast and Freckle.

Oh and I will be calling some vets Monday to get them fixed!

Nice to meet everyone, I"m looking forward to bunny chat! :)

Jessi

Hi Jessi !

Welcome to the forum!!!

It sounds like you're hooked!!
Your bunnies sound cute....but we would like to see some pictures :D. Besides, everyone will ask until you do. ;)

And do tell us some more....do they live inside?
You can start a thread in the Blog section.

And if you like to read up on the best for your bunnies.....check out our Bunny 101 and Rabbit Health sections.

Glad to have you aboard!
Enjoy!

~Jim

Hi there, Welcome to Rabbits Only!!:wave:

You sound like you're gonna fit right in!:group:

We have a few really good, experienced breeders here, I'm sure they will be able to tell you the right colours your babies are.

I love allthe names, Toast!!:bunnyheart How adorable!!

Don't worry much about getting bunnies from a store, a lot of peoplewill only go to rescues and shelters for them, but I think all bunniesdeserves loving homes. NOT that I am against rescues in any way at all,I think they are wonderful.:D

And yes, what else can you expect, we need pictures!!:pleaseplease:

Michaela:), Ebony:bunny5 and Pebble:anotherbun

Thanks everyone! Ok, I'll make a blog later(right now it's about time to eat so I don't have much time). I wasn'tsure if pictures were ok, and they probably belong in the blog, butI'll quickly post one of each anyhow?

Freckle:

freckletoastsalad3.jpg

Toast (I wanted to say some funny word to hubby to get his reaction ona strange name, and Toast came out, but then I really liked it, so eventhough Craig thought I was nuts, I named him Toast :))

toast3.jpg

And then Popcorn (the one with white) and Buttefly

butterpop2.jpg

They live inside and outside. They have a really nice two story hutchoutside, and I bring them inside when it's hot (which it is alreadysince we're in Az!) and I"m building them a NIC thingy (cage withattached big play area) so they can have lots of fun inside :) I havedogs who would love to "play" with them, probably NOT in a good way forthe bunnies, so they can't be loose in the house, so their house timeis in a room that dogs aren't allowed (nor the cats, not sure whatthey'd do). Once that's built, they'll have a lot more fun inside, andthey'll be in more often as well. Then they'll just go outside whenit's nice for a change and some fresh air. But even when outside, theycertainly are NOT forgotten, I'm out there watching/talking to them allthe time, and petting them (except Popcorn who is scared of me justyet, but so was Toast and now he comes up to me happily)

Thanks for the warm welcome, I already love it here ;)
Jessi

Latest posts

Back