Hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolbob

Reaction score
Hi everyone!:)

My name is Carol and I have been reading this forum for a long time nowand I thought I would chime in! I live in Phoenix and I have 2 bunnies.One is a chocolate dutch altered male, the other is an altered femaleholland lop. They are a bonded pair and live inside my house. I lovethem and at night when my husband and kids are asleep and I get time tomyself, I surf the net and usually have one of my buns on my lap. Mostpeople I know have had rabbits growing up, well, I finally got my firstrabbit last year....at 30 something.:)

I do have a question! I got my female lop, Ginger,spayed afew months ago and she is still quite amorous towards Jax, the alteredmale. I was wondering if it is still leftover hormones or what? If itis hormones, will she keep it up or will she eventually stop mountingJax?

Oh, I also have a honeybear cat, a gerbil, a basset hound and a beagle.Not to mention a 4 year old boy, a 10 month old girl and a husband,whew! I'm a little busy!

I have been enjoying this forum for a long time now and like readingall of the valuable advise and reading about everyone's bunnies.

Welcome Aboard, CarolBob!

So glad you piped up and introduced yourself. I think you hadposted a while back, I seem to remember the name. Don't beafraid to ask whatever comes to mind. We're happy to help andwilling to learn from your experiences and opinions.

As far as your little girl getting on the boy, sounds like a dominancecharacteristic to me. I don't think it's necessarily thatshe's 'interested' in him as much as just showing him She's the Boss.

You're post was really sweet. I loved it when you said thatwhen everyone else is asleep, you and the bunnies bond and you can surfthe net for information on them. Those two of yours should bethanking their lucky stars having you as their mom.

That little innocent look on your bunny doesn't fool me abit! ;) What a little Sweetie! Is thatGinger? So Cute, no wonder why they get away with murder withlooks like that!

I was "thirty something" when I had gotten my first rabbittoo. Wanted one all my life, but for awhile just put thethought out of my head. So glad I treated myself.It was well worth it. I'd be lost without my littlebuddy.

You have a whole army that you're taking care of! I'm tiredjust thinking about having to tend to all those little ones.How do the dogs and your rabbits get along? Curious becausethey're both "hunting dogs".

-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn!

Thanks for replying! The dogs are mainly kept in our office, which ishuge. There they have access to our back yard and the office via doggydoor. When we let the dogs in the main part of the house the bunniesare always in their cage. I thought about the dominance issue. I hadtwo altered male cats for over 14 years and one would always mount theother. I knew then that that was a dominance issue, I just wasn't sureabout the bunnies.

I know I do have a household, but the joy they give me far outweigh the daily chores of taking care of them.

Hi CarolBob,

Just to be sure I wasn't giving you bad information, I checked with myvet. He definitely thinks it's dominance as well. I find it interestingthat she started to engage in this behavior after she was spayed.

That's some Queen ya got there! :dude:

-Carolyn

Carolyn, I also found that Megan tries to jump ontop of Tyson (my best friends rabbit whos a lot bigger then my littleMeg lol) She also tries to crawl under him. And she chases him too, andI think he gets mad because he thumps. But then they lick eachother andcuddle eachother... so... yeah...weird behavior lol.

That's so cute, Michelle! She just loves the little guy and sounds like she has a blast!

Don't take your eye off of them for one minute if he's not fixed. ;)

-Carolyn

Welcome Carolbob - I look forward to hearing yourstories about all your tribe!My tribeis pretty muchlike yours. I have two cats - Ember and Hugz, three rabbits - Daisy,Buster and our new addition Snowy (also 5 of Daisys babies), a littlegirl called Alyssawho is just3, a new baby calledCaitlyn -who is now 7 weeks old and my dear hubby Ryan!

Again welcome!

Vickie

Sounds like you have a fun household! Ibet that you are never at a loss for something to do! You'llhave to post pictures of your family!

-Carrie

Hi Carolbob, welcome. I'm new here too,but really enjoy reading the posts and joining in. I have 2housebuns, a female dutch and male (silver, I think) both altered whenI got them from a rescue over a year ago. They both havetimes when they mount each other - Pernod the female complains whenPerry mounts her, then 2 minutes later she'll be on top of his head:?(a little confused,i think she is). They soon calm down -especially if I tell them they shouldn't be interested in 'that kind ofthing' lol. Look forward to hearing about your extended family!

Jan

Hi CarolBob, Hopeall the oddities on this forum haven't kept you lurking in theshadows! I could see where one might be worried about theirbuns summer activities if they've been observing Carolyn andBuck's sparring over custodialmatters!

welcome to the forums i am very new too. I really like it here andpeople are willing to go a extra mile for you around here!!lol andpeople are really nice here too. sound like you have a pretty bigbunch. Well for me i have 3 dogs Boomer, Abby, Max, and 2 cats Snickersand sabrina. And a bird named Berdid( my brother named it) a wholebunch of fish.and 2 bunnies named Bonnie and Clide! So i have a bigbunch here too and i am just a teen!!!! no boyfreind or anything justmy brother and my mom and dad!!!

Latest posts

Back