hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnightsmom

Reaction score
hello everyone I am new here,, I have tworabbits, one netherland dwarf, male about a year and a half old andanother rabbit, female, she is just a baby not too sure how old she is,ok but here is the thing, before I got the second rabbit I thought thefirst one was female, so imagine to my surprise when I brought home mylittle girl that I found out that my other little girl, was actually alittle boy:?. Anyway he wouldnt leave her alone so I had toseperate them, but now I noticed that she is putting on the weightquite quickly, so could anyone tell me how I would know if she waspregnant??

She could indeed be pregnant. Gestationis 31 days, so you'll want to count the days from when they were firsttogether and put a nest box in a few days before the 31stday. You are probably out of "danger" by day 36 from the*last* day the two were together.

It takes some experience to be able to accurately palpate a doe at12-14 days into her pregnancy. You can often feel the babiesof a doe who is further along near the end of her gestation.The heads feel like small, hard, round balls. Avetfamiliar with rabbits would be able to palpate the feti,sothere's no reason to go to the expense of an ultrasound.

Your doe may (or may not) exhibit common signs of pregnancy such as pulling fur, gathering hay, patting or digging at the cage.

Pam

Welcome aboard, MidnightsMom, :dude:

To get a picture of what Pamnock described, check out the websiteslisted in "A Cheatsheet for Rabbits" In there one of them lists 'how totell if your rabbit's pregnant.'

Good luck, and do keep us posted.

-Carolyn

ty all for the wonderfull information, she hasntexhibited any signs that you have said yet, and I dont really know ifthey actuallly did the deed, all I know is he is all over her all thetime, they have seperate cages, but I do let them out to get exercisetogether, I tried not too but both of them go nuts if one is in and oneis out. I dont know how the mating practises of bunnies are so I haveno clue if she could even be pregnant, here is a picture ofmignight that I took today when she was sitting on the window silllooking outside

Back